“Great service and a tasty French meal”

Le Panier des 4 Saisons
Ranked #18 of 222 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Great service and a tasty French meal”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We dinned here for our nice meal out while staying in Chamonix and we were not disappointed!

Service: Was perfect! She was an absolute sweetheart with great recommendations when needed. She timed the meal so it fit our schedule and not the kitchens, (which is one thing I love about dining in Europe).

Food: Was a very clean version of French cuisine. The sauces were not overpowering but a perfect touch the each course. I did an a la carte menu while my husband did the Menu Au Dessus du Panier. We started with the Goat Cheese Ravioli and the Tuna Tartar which were both very good. I would recommend sharing the Ravioli because it was very rich for one person. Next, we had the Sea Bass and Roasted Duckling. The Sea Bass was cooked perfectly with a very light sauce and the Risotto was just lovely. The Duckling was very good, with mixed veggies and I loved the honey sauce accompanying it. The Gnocchi was a little on the tough side and didn’t have any flavor to it but there were only 4 on the plate so I just skipped over them. My husband’s tasting menu came with a very good cheese plate which we snacked on for about an hour! Then we had the Chocolate Soufflé for dessert which was cooked perfectly, and rich with chocolate, YUMMY!

Location: It is tucked back off the main pedestrian street in town so keep your eyes peeled for their sign. One reviewer said that the ambiance wasn’t good but we thought it was very cute for a mountain cabin type style, very simple and rustic.

1 Thank deelovnco

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a place you got to look for if you're in Chamonix, it's located just off the main street in the hall of a residential building; not exactly an great location for a restaurant. The food and service on the other hand are everything you'd want from a restaurant! Food is very well executed and the portions are just the right size for a ski resort kind of meal. The waitress is very professional with just the right amount of friendliness. The place is also a good value for money, with menus under 50 euros with beef filet cheese and dessert !

1 Thank Sebmtb
“Good food done really well.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We discovered this little place due to the fact that we didn't want to sit on the main tourist drag and have pommes frites with everything! What a great find. The service was good and we were seated despite not having a reservation. The wine list has something for everyone and the fish dish options were devine. The marinades and dressings are interesting and offer a pleasant twist on a fish dish with good accompaniments.
The prices are above average bit so is the food.

Lahaina, Hawaii
“Hidden in Chamonix”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I have come to Chamonix for many years, but only discovered this little slice of heaven last year. It's located off the main walk in town, just up some steps, as directed by their sign. We happened in one day last year looking for something different for lunch. What a sweet surprise. Great food, and simple, quiet ambience. The waitress, who is still here this year, is wonderfully sweet and helpful.

Yesterday I had perhaps the best duck I've ever had, prompting us to return for lunch today. Well, the filet of cod did not disappoint. This is our perfect counterpoint to the wonderful Hameau Albert 1er, where we stay every year.

I would not hesitate to recommend the 4 Saisons for lunch or dinner. It won't let you down!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank wardbruce52
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“It ticks all the boxes but one.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I didn't grow up eating Alpine food and therefore I have no nostalgic attachment to it. The result of which is that I found most of the food in Chamonix, both on and off the slopes, rather stodgy.

Le Panier 4 Saisons was a rare exception. The menu was more sophisticated and the execution was excellent. It's a stellar restaurant, with fresh, inspired meals and great service.

That being said the charm of the restaurant is a little wanting. The decor is rather average, if not a tad cliche and the atmosphere is hard to drum up with the restaurant sitting so far back from the roaming crowds.

Did this bother me? Not so much. I had a great evening and would definitely return.

• Visited December 2012