“deservedly popular place”

Ranked #17 of 228 Restaurants in Chamonix
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2011

You'd better book at least a day in advance if you want to eat at this place, they serve fusion Asian food. Their menu is creative and has plenty of choice of dishes, you can eat from a sushi plate to a steak with french fries. They also have a day's special so one can come to eat every day. I ordered a gratin of scallop and a "magret de canard", the scallop was amazingly good, and rightly cooked while I feel that most of the restaurants overcook scallops. My second dish was duck in a teriyaki sauce, I felt that the sauce was too sweet, personal taste probably. Regarding the service, it was great, really friendly and attentive. I think most of the waiters/esses there are Swedish, so speaking in English (or Swedish) is not a problem but it might be more difficult to order in French there.

3  Thank MellePetiteChose
There are newer reviews for Munchie

Reviewed September 25, 2010

This restaurant was both a good and bad surprise. The food was delicious and we had great service overall but one suprising fact is that the lady who served us did not speak much French. Something very rare indeed in France. That being said, the service was very good and the food succulent. Certainly a place to recommend and the Asian-touch to the otherwise refined French cuisine was a nice touch.

1  Thank BBreton
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Visited on recommendation. We aren't keen on spicy food but prepared to try it out due to the excellence of the recommendations. Our menu selection was somewhat limited as we avoided hot and spicy, but we were not disappointed. The blend of flavours and textures was wonderful. The crispy fried beef spring rolls and the spicy sweet duck bites were our mouth watering starters. The charred fillet of lamb was cooked to perfection and the oven baked salmon was sweet and moist. Although a dessert wasn't needed, we felt we couldn't leave without sampling more of their fare, so indulged in the meringue suisse - bliss!

The staff were very attentive and cheerful. Carafes of water were replenished without having to ask and although there was a queue waiting to be seated, we were not hurried. The restaurant is set out on 3 floors with wooden floors and tables. It is quite expensive as restaurants go in Chamonix, but certainly worth the visit at least once during your stay.

3  Thank Were-rabbit101
Reviewed July 21, 2010

If you go to Chamonix, you must go to this restaurant. I can't remember the last time I had such an amazing dinner. The Thai fusion is just out of this world!

4  Thank Thaya123
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We just fell upon this one afternoon on a little side street. We didnt have a reservation and so we ate at the bar area which was still great so I would recommend booking for larger parties. The food is truly amazing....I was disappointed I didn't have room for dessert! The fusion of food that

3  Thank SquirleyLondon