“Great food, friendly service and a great find!”
Review of Munchie

Munchie
Ranked #20 of 236 Restaurants in Chamonix
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We happened upon Munchie by chance on a stroll around Chamonix. We hadn't seen the TripAdvisor reviews. We are so pleased we booked a table for this evening as they were turning people away after we arrived.
Waitresses were very friendly and offered helpful advice on the menu choices. We chose soft shell crab tempura to share which was fantastic and served with a hot and spicy sauce. Just lovely!
For mains we had the evening special of salmon terryaki and Cajun style chicken. Both were beautifully presented and very tasty.
We ordered the house red wine which was perfectly drinkable.

A really great find and I'm not surprised to have returned to our hotel and read the many favourable TripAdvisor reviews.

1  Thank Shapcabs

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had dinner at Munchie several times last winter, it's one of our favourite restaurants in Chamonix. The menu is a fusion of different Asian specialities all excellently prepared and presented. The ingredients are very fresh - portions are correct. The wine list is quite limited but there are some interesting options. The service is very friendly and good - we always felt welcomed. Given that it's a very popular place they do 2 services in high season usually the first one is around 7-7.30 the second is at 9. We managed once to get a table at 8 but this is not always easy it really depends on their bookings. Anyways booking is highly recommended.

1  Thank PaoloBianchi
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I visited Munchie with my sons in March. We were looking for something a bit nicer than the run-of-the-mill places that are everywhere in chamonix. Generally it's a nice experience and my sons both enjoyed their food but I felt it would have been somewhere I would have taken my wife, But that's my view and in no way detracts from the restaurant. The food was all of a very high quality and it was a little different. The ambiance was nice, except for the unbearably loud American lady at the next table who seemed to think that the whole restaurant wanted to know everything about her life, again not the fault of the restaurant. I would recommend a visit here and hopefully will be back.

2  Thank Local M
Reviewed May 16, 2014

That's an interesting restaurant, with good food, service and enviromnment. The plates were too big for me, since I had had some sushi before, and the food can be too spicy, since there's an asian touch.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We came here literally because we wanted a change from the usual mountain fare. The place gets packed probably for the same reason, so don't forget to book. The restaurant ambience is great, very busy low lit and nice music. Staff were very attentive and friendly especially considering how crazy busy they were! Unfortunately food wasn't quite up to scratch. We shared a starter and had a main each. Starter was an odd beef spring roll which was made from bland, dry minced beef and not much else-bizarre. My wife's main was excellent although still slightly odd, bbq spare ribs. Delicious, moist and sticky like they should be but then served with plain boiled rice?! Ribs and rice? My main course was a complete disaster, panko Parmesan crusted chicken on a bed of undercooked sprouts and a sticky lemon sauce! Not edible, obviously the menu did not describe the dish in that certainty otherwise I wouldn't of ordered it. When I went to the restroom you pass the open kitchen and I realised why this restaurant is so confused, the room was full of 20 something resort season-airs, not an experienced looking chef in the place. I won't be returning in a hurry.

1  Thank Amaka1