“Most Amazing Dishes”

Ranked #17 of 228 Restaurants in Chamonix
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Absolutely every dish we tried was one of the best things i have ever had, the food here is so incredible. Wish they would open up in NYC so i could have all the time. Must go!!

1  Thank Tim D
There are newer reviews for Munchie

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I enjoyed Munchie Cuisine et Bar very much. We had a very friendly Swedish waiter who was delightfully frank. He was funny, likeable and very chatty. The menu seemed pretty varied with lots of Japanese style meals. I had the duck teriyaki which was pretty decent. The duck was amazing however it was slightly salty. I need lots of rice and water. I am not a fan of salt at all so perhaps I am a bit sensitive in that matter.

The starters were delicious, I think we had spring rolls and squid.

I would definitely recommend this place as it had a great vibe, friendly service and the food was decent!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We regularly go to Munchie's and always feel it as a treat. We love Munchie's for it's amazing food and great service. It offers tasty, healthy Asian food in a cosy, clean restaurant. They serve lovely sushi rolls which were not authentic, but delicious.
My partner found the duck irresistible where as I find it difficult to move away from the fillet of beef.
This is a Swedish run business in a lively part of town and if you head for the Rue de Moulins where are lots of bars and clubs in this area to make it one of the best location for a great night out.
It is better to book ahead as this is a very busy restaurant even in the quieter season.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've been going to this restaurant for almost 8 years. It was such a breath of fresh air after experiencing the usual mediocre 'quaint' mountain fare or stodgy fast food. It actually prompted me to buy a place round the corner, although this may've also had something to do with the surrounding views. I've since sold my place but I still return frequently to Chamonix and always to Munchie. Tasty, healthy Asian food which always seems to arrive quickly even when the place is packed and they've expanded the place this winter. The staff run around like crazy.

Try the sushi rolls, not authentic but delicious, nontheless. The beef spring rolls are good. I don't really go for the signature duck dish as I find there are more interesting things on the menu. There isn't much room between the tables and it can be a little pricey, but you're not going to eat there every night... probably! Certainly beats raclette.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Five of us snagged last-minute reservations for a pricey and amazing 4 course tasting menu for NYE. Almost every morsel was delicious, from the pâté to the salmon slices, the scallop, asparagus, champagnes, wines paired perfectly ... C'est la vie!