“Great food but on the pricey side”
Review of Le Chaudron

Le Chaudron
Ranked #62 of 236 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We went for dinner to Le Chaudron and all four main dishes were amazing. I had the Cote de Beuf with my husband - steak was cooked medium rare..which would be considered rare in most parts of the world but it was such a great piece of meat that it was cooked to perfection. One of our dinner guests had chicken cooked in a pot with truffles which melted in your mouth and the last of our party had the lamb which she refused to share!! I went for the apple tart which was lovely and the rest of the crew had a chocolate fondant each. It was our most expensive meal but the food was so good it didn't matter.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

The restaurant is warm and nice. Menu looks good and they are supposed to be specialised in cheese fondue from the Savoie.
I guess the chef has no idea where the Savoie really is since he managed to serve the fondue with hardly any cheese in it. What a rip off.
His attitude was even worse. He could not care less just wanted to charge the premium price.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Excellent local food and good attitude towards tourists.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

One of our best meals all week while staying in Chamonix. Open kitchen overlooks cozy and charming dining area. Only complaint would be the service. All tables were full by 7:30 and the single server (although she remained pleasant and calm) was a bit overwhelmed.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

Placed in one of the oldest parts in Chamonix, just off the main pederstrian street, this is a GREAT restaurant!
It is a small family-run restaurant with excellenet food and wines.
I had a pumpkin-soup for starters and scallops in lobster sauce for maindish, wonderfull, wonderfull!!
My husband had the best ever creme brulee for dessert! I kept eating off his dish!
I would recommend this restaurant for everybody! The pricerange was: starters 7-8eur, fondue 16-19eur and other main 19-25 eur.
The guest were a mix of locals and tourists! Loved the place!