“Just ok”

Restaurant L'Impossible
Reserve with
Restaurant L'Impossible is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 227 Restaurants in Chamonix
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Wonderful corner in the Mont-Blanc Valley where you can find organic food, everything homemade in a peaceful atmosphere.Cooking is an act of love!All our ingredients are fresh and seasonal
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Just ok”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was really looking forward to trying this restaurant given it has gluten free menu options clearly listed - not common in France!

Booked early enough and were seated at an ok table. Nice atmosphere but at the end of a row with lots of foot traffic which detracted from the ambience.

Great minestrone soup entree which was accompanied by bread. Gluten free for me but only after the first bread was whisked away from me and replaced without explanation… Assume they realized there had been a mistake in the bread I was served but no explanation.

Lamb was just ok. Nothing great but not bad. Felt like something we could have cooked at home.

I was really hoping the place would be great as I would become a regular but it was just ok.

Staff were busy and trying to please but just did not do it for me. Might be better off serving fewer people and making each interaction count… But, this is not my business and they were clearly well booked including repeat business.

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Moscow, Russia
“Shocked”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Tonight our family had the worst dinner ever in Chamonix. After 5 years in this beautiful ski resort and many delicious places we 1st time had terrible food at really high prices.Waiting 1 hour, 30 min for aperitif Kir Royal with definitely old syrop- so bitter and spirt taste! After 1h we got: cold beef (!!!) at 32euro, 1 kinder plate (for 2nd baby plate didn't come at all even after reminders!), a small piece of cold sole with cabbage in a raw on top?! We left before desert with awful mood. Worst place in Chamonix unfortunately... Even in 2star hotel lobby you can get honest quality and service for your food. The owner just offer to drink something at their count?! They really spoiled the reputation of Italien and French cuisine! Never ever again...

Geneva, Switzerland
“Loved the service and food!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The lady owner gave us such a welcome that we felt like home! The setting is fabulous, with the wooden chic decoration, chandeliers and fireplace! The food was amazing - we had the truffle beef tartare, simply incredible! Thank you for a wonderful night!

2 Thank AlexSwissTraveller
New York City, New York
“Bland”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The setting is wonderful and the service is good (not great but certainly good) but the only thing that can be said of the food is it is bland. It's as if the kitchen forgot how to use herbs and spices. We were a party of six and ordered a variety off the menu and blandness was the characteristic of each dish. I sampled each and as a former professional and now enthusiastic amateur chef I was sorely disappointed. Certainly not worth the price with all the other options available in Chamonix.

Visited January 2014
“Amazing food”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife are visiting from Australia and spending some days of or honeymoon in Chamonix. Excellent service and the best lamb rib rack I've ever had in my life!

1 Thank edvar_f