“World Class Fondue” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alan Peru - CLOSED

Alan Peru
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Tigard, Oregon
“World Class Fondue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you are in Chamonix France, take the oppotunity to dine at the Alan Peru Restaurant. The service was very good. The fondue choices were many. The mushroom choice was very good. Other menu items are top quality.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Bath, United Kingdom
“Too much too late...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

The whole experience looked very promising. Having survived all week on cheese crepes and omlette, to find a menu that did vegetarian food with such panache was a real find. we found ourselves drooling at the mention of tofu, while standing in the snow earlier in the week. The staff were very accomodating as we changed the time of our booking, allowing us to have a final kir framboise at the Moulin Bar.
The tables are very close together and indeed we were sitting up on high tables, alongside two other parties, a bit like one would in wagamamas. That was fine, particualrly if you are hideously nosy like me. Anyway, we finally rocked up at nine to eat and the friendly waitresses quickly got our portion of the high table ready. My youngest teen and I shared the calamari (ok, I do eat fish...) and it came with salad, which alone was worth a mention. The dressing was divine, a bit satay, a bit vinaigrette. So, full marks for starter and my eldest teen's pumpkin soup was so good, I was scraping his bowl out with the last shreds of bread. I had gone for the veggie burger, which comes with homemade bread, houmous and aioli and the biggest fattest fries you have ever seen. That is where the problems started for me. It was just too much food and too late to eat it and I take full responsibility for that. I was dozy also from a week in the Alps and too much table wine, which was very good btw. I regret not doing full justice to my meal, but I do have to point out that we did have a very long wait in between starter and main and no apologies were made for this. It was particularly busy, it seemed, but we were definitely waiting longer than was comfortable. A man tumbling downstairs was a bit unsettling- you could hear 'awwwow' in the lulls between conversations. I left before he came back upstairs, so hope he was ok. Would have liked the complimentary digestif, but we had to wait for ages for the bill and gave up on it, only for my husband to report that the waitress finally would have bought it, but I had given up waiting and taken the youngest teen home. So, good, probably great food, but I was too tired to enjoy it by the time it finally arrived.

Visited February 2013
Suffolk
“Friendly, good food, don't walk away because it looks busy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good food and superb, friendly staff. Fast service despite how busy the place is. Apparently they have a group booking most evenings so it looks packed from outside but they all ate fairly early and cleared off, then everyone relaxed. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2013
“Not value for your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Too crowded, French Kitchen at it's worst. The food wasn't good and made from low cost incredients. The service was not helpful and you needed to ask several times for things you were already promised.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bucharest, Romania
“Good food,very crowded,need reservation to find place...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We made reservation one day before to have dinner here.Even so when arrived at 7 pm(opening hour) the restaurant was full and we have to stay and eat very uncomfortable on the corner of a big table(2people on the corner)
The waitress was very quick and informed us that we can stay only one hour because the table is also booked strafed with 8 pm.They moved us and some other people during our dinner(not finished)in order to try making some more space at the table for other 3 people.It was so tight than than the others left the restaurant.
Anyway the food was tasty,big enough and service was very quick.Price was good!