“Great little restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Had an evening meal here and we all thoroughly enjoyed the food and the experience. Both the gallettes and the crepes are delicous. Lots of variety in filings. The local cider is also very good. We have visited Chamonix many times but had never wandered down this street before. This creperie will now become one of our regular visits each time we visit the town.

• Visited April 2012

Montreal, Canada
“A very warm welcoming in a genuine French creperie”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My father and I went out skiing in Chamonix this March and happened to fall on this quaint restaurant while walking through town. We had delicious traditional French crepes. To complement our crepes we were recommended to try out a hot apple juice with a hint of cinnamon. Simply exquisite. The two women (restaurant owners) who served us were very welcoming and took to heart the food they were serving us. We decided to return a couple days later and had what they call 'Ecorce de Sapin'' (i.e. A combination of local meat slices, melting cheese and tasty patatoes) with a glass of apple cidre. Once again it was absolutely delicious. Recognizing the fact we had come over for a second night they offered us a local French liqueur named Gentiane (i.e. the name of the restaurant). Delicious!

In conclusion, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. Our experience was wonderful and is a must try if you want a piece of traditional French cuisine, but above all, for the exceptionally warm welcoming we recieved.

Mille Merci!

Yanic & Alain from Montreal, Canada.

• Visited March 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Delicious wheat free crepes with a view.”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

It was my first full day in Chamonix. I was exploring the beautiful town in search of lunch. Being in France and unable to eat wheat I was unsure what I would be able to find. Much to my surprise and delight I stumbled upon Creperie Gentiane and discovered that they made wheat free crepes with organic buckwheat flour. I ventured in and was seated by the window with a beautiful view of the river. The owners, two warm and delightful women, served me delicious savory crepes, a green salad and a pot of tea. I went back three more times so that I could sample more of their wonderful cuisine. I am still trying to re-create the experience back home.

• Visited December 2011
Sea Cliff, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious crepes and friendly staff”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I loved the fact that the crepes were organic and gluten free. Very good. I had the banana crepe with chocolate and whipped creme. My husband had the buckwheat crepe with ham, cheese, and egg. He said it was delicious. The chef put together a special crepe for my daughter, half strawberry jam and half nutella. The management and staff couldn't have been more helpful. The chef waited on us because she spoke English and was a delight! The prices were very reasonable.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank tinathorsen
London, United Kingdom
“The way galettes should be!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We ate at this creperie during our stay and the crepes and galettes
are made the way they should be,( i am saying this as a Breton who has dined in many so called creperie in various resorts where the galettes are made using wheat flour(!!) and the crepes and so thick that they are still doughie inside.. For those who think a crepe is a crepe, think again..The owners have got it right, professionally trained and using traditional buckwheat for the galettes..Sincerely hope they succeed in their venture as they deserve it

Visited February 2012