“Great spot”
Review of La Fine Bouche

La Fine Bouche
Ranked #3 of 259 Restaurants in Chamonix
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Called in on our first day in Chamonix service was a tad slow but I’d rather wait for my food than have it wait for me and it was worth the wait the location is fantastic and the foods pretty dam good to boot

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Small, make a reservation. Everything we got on the menu was top notch from the salas to the steak. Must like fine cuisine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It has a very nice view especially at night but i chose the ‘fondue complet’ menu for 2 . After finished eating me and my wife both had terrible stomachache so i strongly don’t recomand their fondue .

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal on the last night of our holiday. You probably need to book as busy however, well worth the effort. Staff friendly and attentive and the food was very tasty!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

I have read a lot of reviews of this restaurant and it is highly rated by a lot of people, however I want to share my experience for a different perspective.

I pre-booked the restaurant for dinner for a Monday, which was half way through our week long stay and never received a reply even though I booked two weeks beforehand.

When we got there on Monday we saw a notice on the door to say that the restaurant is closed on Mondays - a response to my email would have been nice to have let us know so that we could try and re-book another night.

We then emailed the restaurant again that night to book for the Wednesday.

Arrived on the Wednesday and was shocked by the hostility we received when we walked through the door as before we could even say we had pre booked the owner, Rachel, said that they were fully booked and not taking reservations for that evening.

We tried to explain that we had booked a few weeks ago and were told that she does not take bookings via email - this is fine, but a response to have let us know this so we could book by phone would have been appreciated.

When we tried to explain that trip advisor has the email reference to book we were told that she has no influence over trip advisor and it was our fault. Maybe I should have called to book but just a plain response to my email to tell me to do so would have been more than fine.

Overall, I sadly believe that this place is a victim of its own success and that the owner is quite frankly rude and unhelpful.

Considering this is rated #2 on trip advisor I am very surprised by the rude levels of service and especially considering that we went to a restaurants lower down the list whose service was amazing and food delicious.

1  Thank LukeR1594