Le Vieux Cedre - Specialites Libanaises
Ranked #98 of 610 Restaurants in Annecy
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

Very tasty typical libanese food. Place is not really fancy but it’s ok anyway. We’ve got the menu and they were both very good. Prices could be a little lower

Date of visit: January 2018
Write a reviewReviews (104)

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

You know how in Italy, the best pizza is found at places with neon tubes and plastic chairs? This is a bit like that: not the fanciest location but very near the center. Simple yet comfortable interior. None of that really matters. The friendliness and outstanding quality of the food make this a five star.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

I arrived with my family to the place just past 10pm, when the restaurant stops welcoming new customers, yet the chef, who owns & rusn the restaurant with his nice wife, was kind enough to cook for us 3 full take-away meals and added an extra appetizer for free. The food was good and delicious.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 21, 2015

We love Lebanese food and welcomed the opportunity to try this restaurant during our visit to Annecy. The restaurant is quite small and has no outside seating nor does it have air-con. Decor and furnishings leave a lot to be desired. As a result our meal was rather uncomfortable. The service was good and the food was OK but not inspiring and rather bland. It was also the most expensive meal we had in Annecy. Wouldn't return.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank lyfted
Reviewed July 15, 2015

It's very easy to walk past this wonderful Lebanese restaurant located on Rue de la Gare, just outside the Old Town, but that would be a mistake. I'm a big fan of Lebanese food and went Le Vieux Cedre based on the reviews I read on tripadvisor. Luckily, I speak French, so I was able to read the reviews. They were more than willing to work with us regarding my daughter's Celiac disease (no gluten) and they staff was very welcoming. The meal was delicious: an appetizer plate of hummus, Lebanese salads, and for me, a couple gluten containing hot appetizers which were very fresh and well prepared. For a main course, we had kebabs of chicken and ground meat which were delicately spiced, accompanied by fattoush salad and rice spiced with a bit of cinnamon and beef broth. I asked the waitress why such a good restUrant was basically empty and she said that there are days when the restaurant is full, and others when few people come. Most tourists want to eat regional specialties instead of a foreign cuisine, but for a delicious and well served meal that's different, look beyond the rather bland exterior of this restaurant and enjoy an excellent evening.

Date of visit: July 2015