“Do not go there!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 47 Hotels in Annecy
merseyside, uk
“Do not go there!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2005

I have just returned from Alpha Hotel Annecy feeling very disappointed. I felt the web site I booked my stay with was misleading as I was led to belileve that the hotel was in a good location close to amenities. Every day I had to take a bus into the town centre. Although it only cost 1 Euro the buses were not regular and the journey took about 40 mins. Also the last bus was at 7.30 pm and a taxi cost 30 Euros so staying out late is very expensive.

On arrival at the hotel staff attemped to charge me for my stay although I had already paid and had the confirmation voucher to prove it. This was very difficult because the staff did not speak any english whatsover.

My room was a nice size and very clean but had no fridge or tea making facilities. The only time hot drinks were available was at breakfast. The hotel has no bar and the reception closed at 9pm which I found very inconvient. There was no room service just a vendi ng machine by the front door.

When I checked out of the hotel again staff attempted to charge me more money, this time 70 euros. When i inspected the bill, with a little help from my French phrase book, they were trying to charge me for not one but 2 breakfasts per day although i had never even had one! Luckily there was a lady there who could translate for me so we managed to communicate.

On the whole I think the hotel is extremely basic and i would only recommend it to people who are fluent in French. I would never return to the hotel but I think it would be ok for maybe one night or a weekend but any longer is just frustrating.

• Stayed June 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank emma_p

Solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annecy
Inter Hotel Annecy Aeroport
#38 of 47 in Annecy
B&B Hotel Annecy
B&B Hotel Annecy
#1 of 2 in Argonay

Been to Hotel Alpha? Share your experiences!