“Best meals we had in France”

La Cuisine des Amis
Ranked #142 of 501 Restaurants in Annecy
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We ate here on our 2 nights in Annecy. The food is unique and eclectic, a tagine, a couscous dish for example along with classic French dishes. The seafood I had was perfectly cooked from salmon to shrimp to scallops. The food was subtle and flavorful (wonderful fresh herbs in some dishes) without being over rich or salty. There is a nice wine selection of wines from all over France and one can get glasses of wine of very good quality wines, not just the local vin ordinaire. And the desserts are incredible also. This is a charming, small, intimate restaurant well located on Rue de Paquier.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Suggested by hotel and other guest and right on the mark.the Plate de jour we had for lunch was a beef cut with bearnaise sauce,diced grilled veggies, whipped potatoes served seperately- 9 euro.
Yes - a return is in the cards.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Our french friend in Annecy took us here for lunch. The menu options are great, all sorts of meat and fish. I had a chicken curry and my husband and our friend had a veal dish that was just delicious. The prices are higher than what we would normally spend but the quality of food was excellent.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Good food and atmosphere considering the touristic environment. Price is Ok and service is attentive but not overwhelming...

Reviewed September 30, 2010

I think I am very easy to please, give me a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of soup and I am happy IF, it is made with fresh cared for ingredients.. I should have known something was wrong when no one else was eating at the restaurant, now there are slow nights but others next door had many people in them.

So, I travel a lot and try to be humble, especially speaking only one language and even that one not very well..Our server made no effort to try to communicate with me, even when I pointed to something on the menu, she would just shrug her shoulders. I don’t like restaurants with multi language menus, I have experienced people speaking many languages and when I do, I try my best to understand them, you know there is the universal language of food but the women did not try.. I guess I feel bad writing this, she really just might not have been able to understand gestures.. Ok but then she started smoking a cigarette right next to our table…ok, that’s enough on that.

The first course was ok, a little bulky and not much finesse. But when my wife’s shrimp came, the heads were black and smelled bad. My scallops didn’t taste very good either, kind of like kept a day to long…not to cause any fuss, we pushed things around our plates and then asked for the check to leave…Every place has an off night and this just might have been one of them..I have over 100 posts on TA and I challenge you to find any negative. I would rather just not review if I cannot rave but this was really disappointing and with being our last night of our vacation it hurt double..