“surprised by bad reviews”
Review of Brasserie Lille

Brasserie Lille
Ranked #112 of 157 Restaurants in Aix-les-Bains
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leini, Italy
“surprised by bad reviews”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Ok, not a special restaurant: it is one of the tourist restaurants near the cruise departure in a touristic city,
but the food was good, and the service also: nice and efficient.
so, why so many bad reviews so distant from my experience? maybe, but I don't know for sure, it was because as a policy we always try to be in the group of early customers and that day the city of Aix-les-Bains was not crowded at all.

maybe the crisis comes at peak hours in summer days, but I'm not so sure other restaurants there are different.

• Visited April 2014

Paris, France
“Awful food and terrible service”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had lunch here or rather I didn't! We waited 30mins for water and wine then another 10 minutes for our food. Mine was tagliatelle with st Jacques on a really dirty plate with food stuck on the rim and dark green 'bits' stuck on elsewhere. I showed a waiter who said ugh then took it away. He brought it back having wiped off some of the green bits! I pointed out that it was still dirty and I needed a new dish. He said "it was nothing - you can eat out of that one"! I told him to take it away as it was now cold and not to bother. My husband had a tartiflette for 18 euros which was basically potatoes with cheap lardons and cream , his salad had several pieces of tomato stalks in it - it looked like someone had swept the counter top into his bowl!
Kids menu was cold pasta with no sauce at all, and with two horrid hot dog sausages. We gave up waiting for their desert and said to one of the 8 waiters that 'served us' we were leaving - the bill arrived very quickly! Awful attitude, dreadful food, nice location. Avoid.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Sebastabelle
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Really likeable place”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Had dinner here one weeknight in February. This restaurant is nicely furnished inside with a good atmosphere-slight contrast to the massive amount of lights on the exterior!

We both had the fixed price "seduction" menu which was good value. The beef and chocolate pudding dessert were both particularly tasty. Service was the right balance of attentive and friendly.

Overall I'd really recommend eating here if you are in Aix les Bains.

• Visited February 2012
Wimberley, Texas
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Experience a variety of very good food, cozy atmosphere, and superb ambiance. Fri. & Sat. there is live music but better to make a reservation (can ask for a booth by the window). The Sat. evening we attended the piano player was exceptional. Sorry we couldn't have lingered longer! Each time we returned we were greated royally-- like they were glad to see us again. Free parking is no problem. Can dress up or not.

2 Thank ABW7441