TripAdvisor
Saint-Remy-de-Provence
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews william moore every morning la bastide croissants his knowledge shared pool the perfect host st remy extended family rosé wonderful week felt like home beautiful flowers making reservations dinner reservations week stay short drive
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2015

Well it was the 1st 50th Anniversary and so far it was the Best. How's that for optimism! Anyway William was the consummate host and I can't say enough about how gracious he was and how helpful. La Bastide lived up to our expectations and definitely exceeded them. Cecilia is allergic to eggs so William would show up every morning with fresh pastries, including croissants without an egg wash. I could go on and on, but just let me close by saying it was a pleasure to have met William and he is someone I would be honored to call friend.

Buzz & Cecilia
Edmond, OK

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed October 4, 2015

William is amazing! The proprietor, William, absolutely goes out of his way to arrange great day trips, reservations, breakfasts, and wine! Our dear friends arranged for our trip to Provence, and they had stayed at Provence Paradise before. They wanted to share this magical place with us and our other friends on a grand tour of Provence. They were not wrong. Highlights -- the pool! Magnificent! The outdoor patios where we had every meal... The buildings are ancient and have been renovated/rebuilt by William. Quaint, cute, and comfortable -- you can enjoy an authentic Provencal experience here!

Best thing ever: William arranged for a private chef to take us to the St. Remy market and give us a cooking lesson. We had the time of our lives!!!

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed September 23, 2015

Provance paradise is a warm, wonderful, welcoming home to enjoy. William is the most thoughtful host. His suggestions were right on. Directions to towns and markets including parking directions were exact.The location of the house is central. You can walk to town. The amenities in the house include anything you can possibly need. If you are looking for a great house this is it!

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2015

My wife and I stayed in L'Orangerie for a week in September 2015. William warmly welcomed us on our arrival and opened a bootle of wine almost straight away. A great start. The gite was well stocked as promised which meant that we didn't have to rush off to a supermarket immediately. We were also provided with a hot meal and dessert for the first evening. The regular morning delivery of croissants bread and pastries was very helpful as was the provision of a cell phone to contact William if necessary. The first morning William provided us with a great overview of the area with recommendations for places to visit and restaurants to eat. Unfortunately I was unwell for a few days but William went the extra mile to get professional help when necessary and also brought us things to eat day by day. My wife greatly enjoyed the cooking class with the French chef and 4 other guests. We had wonderful warm weather but did find the pool "refreshing". The accommodation meant that we had our own privacy if we wanted it and there was plenty of space around the pool. All in all a great experience and one I would highly recommend. William makes this place very special.

Room tip: See web site which is very good and accurate
Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed August 25, 2015

We choose to stay at Provence Paradise based on a friend’s recommendation. I was very glad of our choice. We stayed at Provence Paradise for a week in the beginning of July. The entire week was wonderful. William, the owner, made us feel overly welcome - from fresh croissants/bread in the morning to a wonderful welcome dinner to recommendations on day trips and assisting with the booking of a rental car. William was not only wonderful with us but he was exceptional with our children and made them welcome with his great personality. Upon our arrival we were invited to celebrate the 4th of July with other guests staying at Provence Paradise, my family and I felt right at home from the start.
The cottage we stayed in was L’Orangerie; it looks exactly like the pictures on the web site and a setting that paid close attention to attention to detail. At Provence Paradise you are not in one location by yourself. The weekly gathering of guest’s poolside was a lot of fun. St. Remy itself is charming and a great location from which to explore Provence. The bottom line is that we had a wonderful stay and having traveled all over the world, my family and I highly recommend this special place. There are absolutely no surprises; everything is as portrayed on the web site with many extras.
The town of St. Remy which is beautiful is about 15 minute walking distance (with children (6& 11). I am glad that we chose St. Remy as our location to visit other towns as it was very central. We also took day trips to many nearby towns for shopping. William and his staff are just absolutely wonderful and we would definitely recommend Provence Paradise for a wonderful holiday experience.

Date of stay: July 2015