Tripadvisor
Saint-Remy-de-Provence
Post
Inbox
Search

“Well seasoned food Thanks guys!”
Review of Madame Ly

Madame Ly
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well seasoned food for the whole table
Basil beef.
Good quality
Friendly service
Quick service
We will be back Soon.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (95)

Reviewed June 12, 2019

we stopped at this restaurant accidentally on our way to Les Baux de Provence. This turned out to be a good surprise with a nice Vietnamese lunch served rapidly and efficiently. Very tasty and affordable, helped by a bottle of cote de Provence Rose wine.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank 222ola
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

The menu was very different to the type of Chinese food that I eat in London.

The food itself was ok, the chicken noodles were good.

The waiting staff were friendly too but the dining area seemed a bit unhygienic as a dog and cat were wandering freely around the restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed March 7, 2016

We drive past this restaurant every time we go to St Remy and my husband has said nearly every time 'we must go for a meal there' but because of the reviews it's always put me off... BIG mistake! I was hungry and just wanted to eat so finally gave in to my husbands 'wanting to try' this restaurant! When we arrived there was only another couple in the restaurant - bearing in mind it's Tuesday evening and the first week of March and a lot of restaurants in St Remy are closed! The waitress was very friendly and showed us to our table. There was plenty to choose from on the menu. We ordered the prawns in a curry sauce, the scallops au basilic, Sate Beef and the vermicelles Chinese style. The food came out quite quickly which wasn't a problem. All the dishes were very nice. I preferred the beef and my husband the prawns. By the time we had finished our meal there were another few tables taken. During our time there (approx 1h15) we could not believe how many people were coming in to pick up a take away. Most reviews posted on TA for this restaurant are from people eating in so those who take away probably won't think to post a review. I enjoy reading peoples reviews about different restaurants and I was pleased that our experience here was better than some peoples. I don't feel that this restaurant should be where it is with regards to its rating and it's a shame that a couple of the terrible reviews have come from people who have only taken the time to write about this restaurant in a negative way with no reviews previously or since!!! We will be going back there to eat and we will be ordering a takeaway ;-)

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed July 5, 2015

Food OK. Menu not very comprehensive. Limited number of courses/drinks.
Service a bit slow. In spite of these comments still worth a visit.The toilets extremely clean. In the main room you can have your meal on a see-thru floor and watch the fishes underneath

Date of visit: June 2015