“Marvellous B and B in St Remy”

Le Mas des Tourterelles
Reviewed October 3, 2007

We stayed for a week at the Mas des Tourterelles and had a wonderful time. St Remy is a great base from which to explore Provence and the Camargue and has some memorable places to eat a gentle stroll away from the Mas.
The rooms are very comfortable and the breakfasts substantial. The hosts Carrie and Richard could not have been more kind and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank axel2307

Reviewed September 12, 2007

We were looking for accommodation with the following criteria: Near a small town in Provence, Could accommodate 3 rooms together and still have privacy and a swimming pool. Richard and Carrie's place provided all this and more. I arrived with no driving licence and could not get a car. Richard and Carrie did all they could to make sure we had a good time including taking me to the supermarket for groceries.
You could not get a friendlier couple who have a real passion for what they do and have got the balance between frieldly but not in your face.
We will be going back and I would recommend this to anyone who wants a relaxed holiday in a safe friendly environment.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2007

A really stylish and peaceful house on the outskirts of the town, it is an easy five minute walk in the centre and try to count the stars walking home late at night.

The outside areas are great, especially the pool and terraces and we ate a very enjoyable picnic one lunchtime with plates and cutlery very kindly provided by the hostess.

You really feel welcome and comfortable and the hosts are charming.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank Havatrip
Reviewed August 29, 2007

I had an absolutely delightful stay at the Mas de Tourterelles. Carrie and Richard are extremely friendly and hospitable, and have created the most charming B & B. The rooms are lovely, a soothing and comfortable blend of Provencale charm and understated contemporary style - and with really cracking showers. The pool is fantastic, almost allowing me to convince myself I was working off the eating and drinking excesses of the holiday! But my favourite thing was probably my room's pretty terrace, a great spot to read and drink a glass of chilled wine. (Or two...actually, another very handy feature is the fridge provided for guests' use.) The location is ideal, in the quiet semi-rural outskirts of St-Remy, yet just a few minutes walk into town. (The only noise I heard at night was a trickling stream outside my window.) Breakfast - should you choose to have it, there's no compulsion! - is excellent: fresh bread and croissants with homemade jams, served either on a shady outdoor table or in the farmhouse kitchen. Highly recommended indeed.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Fantastic place. Richard and Carrie provided us with a really friendly welcome to their lovely Provencal farmhouse.ST Remy is agreat centre for those who love Provence. We had great day trips to Avigon,Arles,Nimes and Aix. put on pounds eating fresh croisants and bread with homemade apricot confiture! Great to find showers that really work in France and unbelievably comfortable beds. We'll be back

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I stayed at this B&B and although it was alright, thought I should mention a couple of things. The first was that the proprietors were oddly unfriendly at times to the extent that it was awkward and I didn't know what to make of it. Second, although the b&b itself is very nice, the area it's in is not. I was awakened every night I was there, by fighting dogs or dogs barking the entire night, blaring music, or people yelling. That too was surprising as one doesn't associate those things with Provence--or at least I didn't. Another thing visitors should know is that the breakfast (very basic--bread, yogurt, cereal, tea) is 7 euro a person (we didn't know this and opted out the last couple of days as we preferred to spend the money elsewhere) and if you're a couple it's much more economical (and tastier) to walk the 5 minutes into town to a boulangerie and get a cappuccino and some sort of breakfast food there. Overall I didn't have a horrendous experience, but I did feel as if I was unwelcome there, while some of the other guests were conversing all the time with the owners and they were very friendly to them. I never had that experience before so thought it was worth mentioning.

• Stayed: May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank calamondin
Reviewed June 5, 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in St. Remy at Le Mas. We booked online and were not sure what to expect from the town or the B&B, but were pleasantly surprised by both. The town is a great place to wander around especially on Wednesday when the market moves in. St. Remy is also well situated for exploring other parts of Provence. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated and the bed was perfect. The patio and the pool are perfect for lounging in the hot Provence sun. The only knock was that the floor above us was tiled and we woke up when the people above started walking around / dropping things in the morning. The signage leading to the house could be improved. All told, we had a great time!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple