“Tourist trap”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Because this restaurant is located on the lane that runs from the main parking lot and the tourist bureau to the centre of town, this restaurant attracts a lot of unsuspecting tourists. Sullen waitress who is definitely in the wrong profession, slow service, unable to get their credit card machine working, all made for an unpleasant experience. We ordered 2 of the lunch specials, a half pizza and half salad for 12 euros.The pizza was burnt around the edges and parts of it had no filling as if it had been tipped over and the filling had run to the other end. Two hours after eating here, I had diarrhea which may or may not have been related to the meal, (my wife did not, but she had a different pizza),but I would agree with other reviewers that this was probably the worst pizza I have ever had. I would have given it a Terrible rating except my wife thought hers was OK.

1  Thank JBofDeltaBC

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were fooled by this place presenting itself as "pizza au feu de bois" - we urge you not to fall into the same trap. The pizza dough was play-dough thick and cakey in texture; the cheese was of bad quality; there was more tomato sauce on the pie than any other ingredient. It takes a lot of effort and commitment to ruin pizza - this place has found the magic recipe! A complete disaster.

9  Thank BriTaylor
Reviewed August 24, 2013

i think one of the worst restaurants i've ever been to. terrible terrible pizza. very very rude staff. yuck. do never ever go there!!!

2  Thank lilibern
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Wow. Talk about bad service. The stereotypical reputation that the French are rude must have originated from this place. They clearly did not want to serve us dinner. Eye contact between staff members...rolling their eyes....huffing.....very rude when my friend ordered in French ( the same French that every one else has understood over the past two weeks in France), serving everyone before us....not setting the table we were seated at but setting the table for patrons who arrived after us...and the big surprise was they did not have enough of the featured meal to serve us.
We were happy we chose to leave and went to a fabulous place called Cafe Les Variétés. Gave us a free glass od champagne because we had to wait a bit for a table. Great food and amazing service.

1  Thank Trish C
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I never imagined that someone could make a BAD pizza, but I found a place !!!!!
Open a ready made tomato sauce from the supermarket, get some cheese from the shelf (lowest price ) and voila, a better pizza. I haven't tried the othe food, only the pizza, so the rest may be good but definitely AVOID the pizza!

1  Thank tana13