“Random choice paid off”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Staggering into St. Remy after 30 hours of travel, we picked the first open restaurant we could find. What luck! I had a delicious salmon and my husband a great Caesar salad. Fresh food, artful in its simplicity, delicious. Everything we had hoped to find in the area while other restaurants have disappointed.

1  Thank JoynearChicago

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our second visit to this restaurant. This time we enjoyed a warm goat's cheese salad - delicious! We received a very warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Very friendly, and a good atmosphere.
Locally sourced food, where possible, and several of the products were organic.
Next time we are in St Remy, we will return!
I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Kathy187153
Reviewed March 14, 2013

On a cold mistral blowing night, we ventured out to see if we could find a salad plate & decent food. We found both in this place, when to be honest most places are closed due to low season in France. The food was good, the atmosphere inviting, more people inside and more people coming than expected, and the wait staff very friendly and smiley....not something you find in France (in my experience). Anyhow, we ordered Thai salad, a large plate with meat, heavy ginger, arugula, lettuce, pomegranates, and other stuff. Great. I ordered a pasta dish; sausage and Beaufort cheese...good not great. Ordered Pastis drink....an interesting licorice based drink very popular in southern France. Strong. Eat here...you won't be too disappointed. Saturday nights crowded with live music, with large bar area in the back.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We enjoyed an extremely fresh and delicious dinner at this restaurant and it was one of my favorites in St. Remy. We were travelling in autumn and the menu included many seasonal items, which was quite nice.

I enjoyed a fish that I had never heard of and the waiter described as “similar to tuna”. It was nothing like tuna but very tasty none the less and prepared perfectly. My wife had a steak, which she thoroughly enjoyed. The house wine was very good as well as the desert that we shared.

Given the opportunity, I would eat here again.

1  Thank Caesar1pup
Reviewed November 20, 2012

On a sunny Tuesday lunchtime in St Remy we chanced upon this restaurant. We sat outside on the terrace and were served by a very friendly & efficient waitress. I chose plat du jour (fried sole) It was nicely cooked & great value for money. My wife had a Thai beef salad which was perfectly seasoned and very tasty. The desserts were home made and both were excellent.
When next in St Remy,we will definitely return for lunch even if it's not sunny!!!