We have spend one week in this hotel at the end of July 2012 - beginning of August. We spend one night in a loggia room with balcony because no junior suite was available for the first night. The room was extremely small. We have been upgraded in a suite with terrasse for the rest of the week. The room was ok but not very large as well. Do not expect to have suite of the size that match a suite in a 5-star hotel in a big city. Furthermore the room is not well insulated, you can hear what your neighbour is doing in the room next to yours.
The car park is relatively small but free of charge which is a plus. If you get back to the hotel a dinner time, you may not find any places left because of the guests which come to dine in the restaurant. The quality of the food is excellent in both the gastronomic restaurant and the bistrot for lunch and dinner. The breakfast does not meet the standard for a 5-star hotel and surely not worth the 23 euros/pers. You have very limited choices: e.g only one type of fresh bread, no margarine or light butter and so on. Don't come to late to the buffet because not everything is being replaced. The service at the breakfast is slow, and plates are accumulating on your table.
As it was high season there weren't enough sunbeds around the pool so people get up early in order to reserve their sunbeds which is ridiculous for a 5 star hotel. The fitness is ok (no free weights). The indoor and outdoor pool are large and clean.
Overall the hotel lacks spaces (except for the gastronomic restaurant). A good 4-star hotel but definitely not a 5-star. Try to avoid high season, not worth the price at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vallon de Valrugues is a 5 star Hotel and Spa with 48 rooms and suites, elegant and personalized, mostly renovated in 2014. The Hotel is ideally located in a quiet area just 600 meters from the center of Saint Remy de Provence. You will enjoy discovering the gastronomic restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Vallon De Valrugues And Spa
- Hotel Le Vallon De Valrugues St-Remy-De-Provence
- Vallon De Valrugues