“Keep yourself away from this place!”

Les Saveurs de Provence
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Les Saveurs de Provence is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2012

St Remy de Provence is a wonderful place. Unfortunately, this restaurant is totally different from the atmosphere sorrounding it. My girlfriend and I arrived at 8.00pm and had to wait until 9.00pm to have our dishes served. My dish was not the one I ordered and they fortunately provided me the right one. Food was not good value for money: 24€ per dish means a really good dish in my mind. However, the worst moment had yet to come. When I asked for the bill, they provided me with a wrong bill, charging me 15€ more. I heard them speaking English all the time and when I asked them an explanation for that, they told me they do not speak English. Fortunately, my girlfrined speaks French and we finally paid the correct amount.
Don't waste time and money here!!!

4  Thank frenkbaruffi

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We choose this restaurant at random while on vacation and had a positive experience, so was surprised with the mixed reviews it is receiving. Our experience was of very good service and excellent food. We went for the €27 menu which was in French but had very tiny writing on it in English below which was a blessing due to the very limited French we had between us. The young lady who waited on us spoke English and was very accommodating when we asked for a change in the main course for one person (they wanted chicken instead of fish or duck). Nothing was a problem and requests were met. The food was superb and presented well. The duck was cooked to perfection (or at least for us), the wine recommended was also very good and reasonably priced. We found prices in Saint Remy de Provence expensive and felt this restaurant was good value for money.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We dined here tonight and the food was excellent. Two courses - main and desert were well cooked and presented sumptuously.
We had been here two years ago and the place had maintained its value.
I had a seafood delight - three differentfish, tiny modules and two massive, juicy prawns. Dessert was a cafe gourmand- a selection of the sweets available from the menu, with an espresso. Delightful,
Last time we voted this ons among he best vault restaurants in the city. The same in 2012,

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was on a list recommended by our B and B. I will no longer be consulting that list. Terrible service. 20 minutes til order taken. Ordered bottled water, 2 salads as a main and one main. 2 salads were to be served together. ok. server goes away. long wait. finally the 2 salads appear. server drops and runs. I flag her down. she says Soon! I point out no water. Oops. Gets water. A while later husbands entree comes. A beef, lamb, chicken dish. Beef is extremely rare but chicken is raw. No sign of server. Husband eats what he can. Server finally shows up and says she can't do anything but will tell the kitchen for next time.

Other notes: we do not east pork. Neither of our dishes was listed as having pork. Mine was garnished with bacon. My husband's was about one third pork meatballs. Amazingly that was cooked!

Overall, aside from being badly cooked and poorly served ... well not much else to say . AVOID this place. DO NOT EAT HERE.

4  Thank knitsafghans
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This restaurant used to be called Le Jardin de Frédéric and was wonderful. However a couple of years ago, it changed hands and unfortunately went from being a fantastic place to eat, to somewhere I will never eat again.

We booked a table the week before for five of us; a family meal. When we turned up, the table that we had booked was occupied and we were pushed toward a group of tables that had been hurriedly arranged in one tiny corner of the outside seating.

After ordering (from initially what looked like a very nice menu) we were dismayed at having to wait for over half an hour for it to be served, only to have half of the party receive their starters 20 minutes before the others. We complained to the young waiter who was most affronted and said there was nothing they could do, “they were busy”.

The same happened with the main course which was served to all five of us across a 15 minute period (and which was also cold by the time it arrived on the table). Again we complained and at this point the waiter became verbally aggressive, argumentative and threatening. This is certainly not the sort of behaviour you’d expect in a restaurant in France (or anywhere else for that matter).

All in all, a horrible experience and a once great restaurant, wrecked. As for the comment about being busy, well all I can say is that you can visit any one of a number of fast-food outlets who are busy all the time, the fact remains that the standard of food in one of those places is superior to Les Saveurs de Provence!

Eat at your own risk.... and don’t question the waiter… in fact, just walk on by and find somewhere else…. There are plenty of other ( and better) places to eat in Saint Remy.

2  Thank Goldfishrock