“Friendly and comfortable”
Review of Mas Bellevue

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Remy-de-Provence
Mas Bellevue
sydney
“Friendly and comfortable”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed three days with Hermine and Jean and had a very enjoyable time. Rooms are smallish but they have a balcony outside which would be lovely in the warmer months. The property is close enough to St Remy to make a drive to diner very easy and far enough away to be peaceful and quiet. Hermine and Jean can speak a bit of English but it certainly helps if you brush up your French before visiting.
Breakfasts are good and Jean and Hermine are always ready to advise on what to see.There are 100 olive trees and also walnut trees on the property and I'm sure in season Jean would let you help with the harvest !!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank magnet1

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This is a truly lovely little B&B just outside of St. Remy de Provence, matrhcing the photographs on their website. We highly recommend Mas Bellevue and the care of proprietors Jean and Hermine Menard. We (Kiwis) were staying there at the time of the semi-finals of the Rugby World Cup, and Jean and Hermine shared their hospitality, interest in the games and the results, to the maximum. (For the record, as we left them, France and New Zealand’s All Blacks were the confirmed finalists, which the All Blacks won 8-7 the day after we returned to New Zealand).
The room we stayed in perfect, nice en-suite facilities, and very clean. Note that there are no in-room cooking facilities, but there was an outside BBQ available, and poolside facilities, although our stay was a bit late in October to use these. The B&B is close enough to St. Remy to be convenient for dinner but away from town so it's relaxed and private. Twice, we collected fresh cold foods from the village, including cheeses and fruit, and sat out on the room courtyard to enjoy a quiet dinner with wine, and not have to worry about driving. We were able to do several day-trips from here to see some of the lovely villages including Les Baux, Eygalieres, Gordes, Rousillon, Fontvielle, Arles, and of course, Avignon. The owners’ attention to detail was great, including the room facilities, and in their provisions of an excellent breakfast each morning, and advice.
We would highly recommend Jean and Hermine Menard’s Mas Bellevue as a perfect place to stay in Provence.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Wendy and Albie N
Yorkshire
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a lovely little B&B just outside of St. Remy de Provence. It's set in an olive grove with beautiful views of the Alppilles mountains. The room we stayed in was a good size (not huge), nice ensuite facilities, and very clean. The B&B is close enough to St. Remy to be convenient for dinner but away from town so it's relaxed and private. We were able to do several day trips from here to see some of the lovely villages including Les Baux, Eygalieres (great market on Fridays), Gordes, and Fontaine de Vaucluse. The owners were very nice and prepared an excellent breakfast each morning. Our only dissapointment was that we were there off season and it was too cold to enjoy the pool - but it gives us a reason to come back!! We have to thank Trip Advisor for finding this gem - I'm only concerned that with all the great ratings it may be full the next time we want to visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank colbinkey
Ft Mitchell
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Without hesitation, we recommend Mas Bellevue and the care of propieters Jean and Hermine Menard. You will wake to views of olive trees and a breathtaking spray of color from the carefully tended exotic garden without even leaving your bed. It is then that you will see the majestic foothills of the Appilles Mountains looming closeby. When we say breathtaking that is exactly what we mean. Jean and Hermine used an artist's touch in the design of the three rooms they added to the mas which convey quiet elegance. Their sense of design extends to the beautiful entry way with a gracefully curved freestanding staircase crafted of Provencal stucco to the pool area where an ancient boulder serves as a table top. Sublime quiet and privacy are yours when you stay here and you will want for nothing more than never to leave.
Salle and Scott

Room Tip: All three rooms have views of the mountains.
5 Thank Salle T
Kennett, Missouri
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The property has three rooms to rent and sits by itself surrounded by olive groves and the mountains as a backdrop. It's a picture perfect place to stay for the beauty and peacefulness of the place. If you use GPS (Garmin), the coordinates located on their website takes you right to the gate of their property. The operators of the property (husband and wife) are accommodating but speak very little English. I believe he's French and she's German. They are lovely people, and the breakfast each morning at 9 is very good. We didn't rent the bikes and wouldn't recommend that you do either. The drivers in France are like the drivers in large U. S. cities. They are always in a hurry to get somewhere. Rent a car instead. We rented one from the train station in Avignon. They're not cheap. Try to get an automatic if you can; their straight shift cars are tricky to drive. The Mas Bellevue room we rented (CamomilleI believe) was clean and much larger than the ones we rented in Paris and Nice. The doors of the patio opened to a view of the olive trees and mountains. That and a glass of Rose' is all we needed at this property. There are some things you ought to know about Mas Bellevue. The rooms are not air conditioned, and ours was a little too hot for my taste for sleeping at night. We did bargain with the caretakers for a fan which helped some, but for some reason they didn't seem to want to let us use it at first but then relented. I would have preferred AC and because I like it cool at night when I sleep, I wouldn't stay at the property again in the future. Don't go if you can't stand to be a little warm at night in September. Also, there are no electrical outlets in the bathroom. It didn't affect me but did my wife. She had to search for an outlet for her blow dryer, curlers, etc. Although the internet was variable at this location, it was better here than in the places we stayed in Paris and Nice. We could use Magic Jack to keep in touch with our family in the U. S. Like all European places where we have stayed, TV is all in French. Apparently the French do not believe in ice either. We had difficulty getting ice from the caretakers of this property. There's a tiny refrigerator at the pool area (which we did not used but looked to be a very nice one), but there's very little ice in it. Also, the refrigerator did not keep our Rose' cool enough to be enjoyable to drink without further chilling. Perhaps the owner could consider a larger refrigerator with an ice maker. Just a thought. Please consider that at this property, the guests from the three rooms all eat together at a common table just outside the portion of the house where the caretakers live. Personally I didn't like this arrangement and preferred to have breakfast on our patio which the caretakers did for us when we requested it. I would have given this property a 5 except for the things I've mentioned, but the view and setting is a 10.

Room Tip: Only two of the rooms face the mountains, I believe.
3 Thank JMTurnbow
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I whole heartedly concur with everything in the previous review by NS T. Mas Bellevue has got to be one of the best B&B I’ve stayed at in 20 years of travels.

I came across Mas Bellevue by looking through the TripAdvisor website for accommodations in the Saint-Rémy de Provence area and was a bit skeptical about the unusual ratio of “Excellent” ratings to other types.
I usually disregard both the too-good-to-be-true reviews and the too-awful-to-be-true reviews as they are usually written by those with agendas other than offering objective opinions.
Mas Bellevue was a bit of a dilemma, it had all “Excellent” ratings, all seemingly too-good-to-be-true.
After exchanging e-mails with the proprietors I put some skepticism aside decided to try 6 nights in September 2011 and was truly amazed - Mas Bellevue deserves every one of those “Excellent” ratings.

The location is superb for doing day-trips to some of the best sights and villages in Provence but I would highly recommend one has a car for this during a stay at Mas Bellevue.

Reserving my room was very easy – just an e-mail did it.

The property, facilities and rooms are quiet, clean, excellent and exceptionally well maintained in the wonderful setting among the olive groves.

The proprietors, Hermine and Jean Ménard, are warm, super friendly and courteous. Their great customer service made us feel comfortable and at home. The most interesting character I encountered in all of France was their smart and playful dog Toy, her antics were interesting and very entertaining. You’ve got to meet her for the experience.

Breakfast is generous and an absolute pleasure.

You can't go wrong with a stay at Mas Bellevue.

Now, look at what I’ve done… wrote one of those too-good-to-be-true honey smeared sugary reviews I dread. But believe me, I can’t do otherwise in this case, I’m being objective and could not find anything to take it down a notch....ok, just remembered, I broke a fingernail while I was there, but despite that I’m anxious to return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: You'll love any room
11 Thank CDNBatman
Paris
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed in Mas Bellevue for 1 week and enjoyed every second of it! It all starts at the gateway... once you enter the Mas Bellevue property an incredible calmth comes over you and you are being welcomed by the lovely scenery of the Alpilles, olive and fruit trees and the wonderful smell of lavender.... Complete serenity and quiteness and immediately the de-stressing begins...

We stayed in the Iris room which was beautifully decorated, spacious, very very clean and cosy. We absolutely loved it!!!

The breakfast was very good and served with a smile by Hermine every morning. Location of the B&B is perfect (though I think it's absolutelt necessary to have a car): just a 5 minute drive to the centre of Saint-Remy and a good base to visit out Southern French cities (we did daytrips to Avignon, Arles, Cassis, Aix-en-Provence and Montpellier).

If you don't feel like discovering La Provence, no worries! Just relax at the super comfortable pool, rent a bike or take a walk in the beautiful area. You will not regret it!

Many thanks to Hermine, Jean, Sarah and the cutest dog ever Toy, for an amazing and incredibly relaxing vacation at Mas Bellevue. No doubt we will return soon!

10 Thank NS T