“Not that great”
Review of Fratelli

Fratelli
Reviewed January 2, 2019

I live locally and finally after 2 years decided to give this place a try even though I'd been warned about poor service. I went for lunch with no reservation early December (off season) and was lucky to get a table. Good sign, but then many places are closed in December. To keep it short, I ordered a Carbonara and was told it had real pancetta- it wasn't. Just lardons from the supermarket. All the dishes are served in metal cooking plates which leaves a metallic taste. Yuk. I ordered a coffee and got so fed up waiting I went to the counter to pay my bill. I just wanted to get out. They then said "Oh Monsieur were making it just now". Funny as I had been watching the bar for 15 minutes and nobody seemed particularly busy. To sum up, not very authentic Italian food and poor service. I will not return

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed October 21, 2018

We had lunch here, and I would have to say that the food is average, and the service is slow. The fact that the servers ignored us was not helpful. They seemed to show a bit of an unfriendly attitude! We ordered pizza and a Caesar salad. We were definitely not impressed with the quality of the meal. I certainly would not return to this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018

We reserved at 7pm, the place was empty and still we couldn't choose a decent table.
The house wine tastes like vinegar. We sent it back. We got half a bottle in Chianti in exchange. It came out of the fridge and was ice cold. The taste was not better than the house wine.
When you ask for olive oil or butter, they look at you as if you came from the moon.
The risotto with truffle was not properly cooked and was not creamy. The other pasta we ordered was decent with delicious tomatoes...
Overall a very bad experience for supposedly the second best Italian restaurant in Saint Remy...

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We ate here after shopping all morning market day, Thursday. Friend of a friend recommended this place, 16 of us had lunch. Fantastic fresh truffle pasta, we ordered 4 different pastas to share with salads for he table. Aubergine melts in your mouth. Kids said pizza was great. Couldn’t fault. Service friendly. Nice coffee.

Roma gelato around the corner also great.

Highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Stopped into Saint Remy for lunch and just came across this place and decided to drop in. Nice starter salads and we shared a pizza that was very delicious. Super thin crust and baked to perfection. Aperol Spritz was refreshing and perfect on this warm July afternoon.

Date of visit: July 2018