“Beautiful surroundings for a romantic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Villa

La Villa
Ranked #58 of 2,111 Restaurants in Marseille
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Saint-Giniez
Marseille, France
“Beautiful surroundings for a romantic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I went to La Villa for my birthday on Saturday night and it was wonderful. I had walked by this restaurant many times while visiting the nearby hospital. It always looked full and lively so I thought I had to try this place.

The resto is tucked in one of the side streets off of Avenue du Prado so it is very quite. When you walk into the restaurant the terrasse is covered with trees making for a very intimate and cosy setting. The waiters are all dressed very smartly and are very welcoming. We sat on the terrasse and were served promptly. As we were one of the first clients to arrive we missed having the specials board read to us but we weren't too bothered as we are fluent in French.

I chose the Black Angus steak with peppercorn sauce - typical I know but after living in Marseille for 4 years having some Scottish steak was a big treat!! My boyfriend chose les raviolis au daube (raviolis filled with stew). The steak was cooked exactly to my liking and was extremely flavourful. My boyfriend's raviolis were very rich and filling. For dessert we chose ice cream and a millefeuille. Finally, for digestif, we were brought a huge jar of haribo sweets and a bottle of lemoncello to help ourselves to. I thought this was a really nice touch. The service was impeccable.

The resto has a lovely ambiance. Half of its clients seem to be tourists and the other half are locals. I would definitely recommend this resto as there aren't many near the Rond Point du Prado area and I will be back soon to taste more of its beautiful menu!

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Simply Incredible!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I was there last night with my girl and we are deeply in love with the place. The food was incredible! We tried different types of entrees, 2 different types of main dishes and several deserts! All was delicious and really fresh. I can highlight the fish and the calamare... really DELICIOUS. There are so many wonderfull options in the menu! The restaurant has a really beutifull outside place where u can eat ligthed by candles in a very chic and romantic atmosphere. The wine menu is complete and offers different types of options and I could highlight the Rosé wines offered. They also have different delightful coktails and drinks. And I really have to comment about the attention and kindness of the local staff. In resume I can do a lot of efforts to explain how great this experience was but I'll not reach the nivel that it deserves! Simply incredible!!!!!!! For sure a place that NEEDS/REALLY WORTH to be visited in Marselle!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Singapore, Singapore
“First contact staff who is explaining menu in English is good, wait a long time till I walked to bar to ask for menu then 5 minu”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

First impression is good, the moment I sit down, it is no service at all, I have to walk to bar to ask for menu, then a waitress passed me a menu a while later with stiff face (she smiles perfect with the guys next table) ask me what to drink, since I just get the menu, I say I need a minute to have a look, then she walked away with a funny expression. A while later another waitress come and say she no English, I say I do not speak French, with the first waiter's explanation for menu in English, I just point the dishes I order & drink as well. First course is fine, when I ask her where is my drink, she first ask if I want water, then remembered my order and ask bartender to prepare it, the rosy wine is served in the glass with water drops all over. Food is fine, the lady who serve my main course wish me enjoy the food. Same waitress take my desert order, again I wait long time after I finish my main course, and ask for dessert menu. She again say no English, then I told her to get someone who speak English to take my order, as I need know what's the dessert of the day, after a while, the waiter who explain the menu in English come to help. Nice place, first contact service is good, the rest is terrible, good food. I am still in the restaurant, using it's wifi to send my comments.

• Visited April 2014
Orsundsbro, Sweden
“Warm and nice atmosphere at La Villa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

A not too large restaurant with a friendly atmosphere situated between Avenue du Prado and Rue Place Paradis a few hundred metres from Rond-Point du Prado. Nice and polite service, good food and wine. Two floors and the bottom floor could most likely be an out door part during the warm period.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Claes G
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“French ambiance and just away from the centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident whilst staying at a nearby hotel for recent football match. We walked past 20 mins before opening whilst staff were setting up the tables for the evening. We enquired what time they opened and were invited in to wait with a drink until we could order. The service was good and attentive, they changed and repositioned the indoor heaters for us when some were not working. We sat in the 'outside section' it is quite romantic, with lots of greenery, the tables are not in rows and are of differing sizes. The menu choice is reasonable and the food good if slightly above average price. There was just one other couple there when we arrived but the place was full when we left. The overall experience was lovely and yes we would revisit. The service and ambiance is what this place is all about.

• Visited September 2013