“Great location, clean, excellent staff”
Review of Sylvabelle Hotel

Sylvabelle Hotel
Ranked #116 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My only disappointment was that I couldn't use the internet in my room, although I had signal. It just wouldn't load any pages, I guess the signal was too week. I could use it in the lobby though.
The hotel is located 7-8 min away from the Old Port and about 15 min from the Cathedral (walking distance). The rooms are clean. The interior is nice. I was in a single room #22 - on the top floor (4th). There was a TV in my room, a sink, shower cabin, clothes hangers, a chair. My room was serviced every day.
The staff is very kind and helpful. I forgot my earring in the room when I checked out, but I called them and someone from the reception sent them to me by post. Also, I had problems with my reservation, because the booking system wouldn't accept my credit card, but I called the reception and we sorted things out. Again, they were very kind.
The price is very good too. Breakfast was OK - hot drinks, orange juice, milk, croissants, bread and butter, jam.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator, so if you have trouble climbing stairs, ask for a room on the lower flo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Sylvabelle Hotel

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I don't know about hotel but I can write something about hostel part.
First of all I don't recommend it, it has nothing with hostel, no kitchen, no common room, nothing. On their site and in booking confirmation there's said that they are open 24/24 and no curfew. It's not true, hostel is closed at night.
One night we back drunk a little bit and yes, there was some noise, but it's hostel and it was friday. The day after they said that if we'll do the same any next night, we'll be fined. Also they said that we let the place very dirty. Ok, so we didn't do that anymore. After few days we checked-out and nobody tell us that there's some problem.
And after few days I saw that my credit card which I booked hostel, was charged by them, but we paid all in cash at check-in. I contacted them and they said that it's a fine!
So be carefull, they could charged you what they want without any information.
I made a complaint to my bank and I want my money back, for me it's a dupery.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank pqwe
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Sylvabelle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear All,

I would like to post my comments regarding this last review that is totally unfair to me.
Your were probably the worst guests we ever had over the past 5 years.
Having you at the hostel was a total nightmare for the entire staff and for the other travellers.
You were completly drunk,extremly noisy,annoying other guests,smoking and starting the fire alarm,vomiting all over in the place and much more disgusting things I do not even want to mention here...
We had to compensate the other clients and to double clean everything after you left.
The small extra amount we have charged you is nothing compared to all the incovenience you have caused us.

A.M

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very good place! I stayed for just one night but I was received very well! The place is simple but very clean, organized and in a very good localization. The price completely worth it. I hope to get there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed 2 nights in Hotel Sylvabelle. The location is fantastic - 1 minute away from the metro and 5 minutes to Vieux Port. The surrounding area is lovely too.

The room wasn't that bright but that was purely due to marseille having lots of high buildings. The window was huge and made the room lovely and breezy. The actually lighting in the room could have been better but you really can't expect much for the price you pay.

Luckily I had a newly fitted bathroom which was nice and bright. Lots of hot water.

If you want a hotel as a base this is perfect, spend all day exploring the wonderful city and come to sleep in the hotel!

The breakfast is very basic - bit of baguette, croissant and coffee/tea. All you need to get you started on your day.

To be honest I couldn't really fault this hotel for the price I paid. Yes, the decor is a bit dated and isn't luxury but if you are an intelligent person then you expect a little shabbiness for a cheap 2* it actually had character - the windows we tall and the staircase was lovely and traditionally tiled!

I would stay here again. The location was absolutely perfect and it was a bargain!!

Thanks Sylvabelle

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank KirstieMac1
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is not a hotel I would recommend to anyone. I know it is only a budget hotel but that is no excuse to be so rude to customers and in my case actually to play a scam on me. This would be improved to some degree if the management would take the time to respond to complaints in some form. I don't expect my money back but it would be polite at least to acknowledge them.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel was in a very pleasant location, within walking distance of the old port area, which was where we wanted to be, given that we only had 2 nights there. It was spotlessly clean, bright and airy. Reception were welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I used their hostel facilities, ground floor. I stayed there for 3 nights in the end of 2011 (took me long to write an feedback though). Receptionists been really helpfull. been amazed that hostel rooms been brand new with nice funky design. Dormitory room for 4 people and showers were very clean.
Pluses: Location (its located in a good side of the city) not far from port. Building (hotel, reception room) is really french, so it makes you feel that you are in France and not in a hotel which looks absolutely same as thousands others in different cities/countries. Cheap
Minuses: its not so modern as someone could expect and its not 5 star hotel as well. Wifi is only in reception room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Sylvabelle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your lovely review,even if it is a late one..!
I am glad you had a fantastic time here in Marseille.
Do not hesitate to come back in January, we offer right now fantastic deals on our OFFICIAL WEBSITE(Best Price Garantee!) and the weather is still pretty amazing here.
All the best for 2014!
See you soon in sunny Marseille!

Kind regards