Golden Tulip Villa Massalia
  • Restaurant
$114
$110
1,011 results
All reviewshorse racing trackrace coursepool and hot tubtaxi or busmoulesred arrowsroom servicesteam roomlovely hotelbusiness hotelrecommend this hotelvieux portbusiness triplong weekendbuffet breakfastsuperior roomrooms are spacious
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I obtained this hotel through bidding on Priceline and was very happy with the price. The staff was quite nice and accommodating. The room was very clean and well decorated. My particular room did not have much of a view but that was OK. I was daunted by the thought of a 21 euro breakfast when all I normally have for breakfast is a cup of coffee. The trouble is that there is no where close by that I saw to buy coffee. Which leads me to my only concern...

The hotel is far off the beaten track. It as a very expensive taxi ride from the station. Once there, there is a convenient bus service to the center but if you have lots of luggage, then this is difficult. However, the beach is very close by with lots of restaurant options.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DamienHarveston
VillaMassalia, Directeur général at Golden Tulip Villa Massalia, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear jsch3,
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. We have indeed 4 types of rooms in our accomodation. It seems you were in one of our Superior rooms whixh have a view on the city. Why not try a Deluxe room for your next stay? They have a sea view and thereby, a free Expresso Coffee Machine.

Our hotel is situated at 200m of the nicest beaches of Marseille, but indeed further away from the city center.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I needed to spend a night in Marseille, and needed above all a private parking for my car. So I was not really keen on having a luxury hotel this time. But to my great suprise this was the case (I guess I paid the price for it, although breakfast was not included in the overly priced night).
The hotel is great! The staff is very professional. Something I didn't know: in Marseille you have to ask for a non-smoking room in order to have one. The first room they gave me was smelling aweful, althought great care was taken to contain the smoke smell. They kindly transferred me into another floor (they have smoking and non-smoking floors) where I could enjoy the huge bed and the quality of the room.
I'd recommend it if you need to park your car safely.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lonely g
VillaMassalia, Directeur général at Golden Tulip Villa Massalia, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear lonely g,

Thank you very much for your kind review about Villa Massalia Concorde Marseille ! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

About our rooms, for your information, since a few days, our hotel is entirely non smoking.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future in Marseille.

With our best regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is by far my favorite hotel in Marseille. People working there are so nice and everything is just perfect. The room was big, and the bed was really comfortable. Super clean and with a nice view. The breakfast is totally worth it! So many options (and good ones)!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
VillaMassalia, Directeur général at Golden Tulip Villa Massalia, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear SarahBranches,

Thank you for giving us the Best Hotel in Marseille award! It goes straight to the heart of our entire team.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you very soon

Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a very good 4 star hotel. We chose a "deluxe" room which had a balcony with a sea view and overlooked the swimming pool and a small horse race track which occasionally had some races lasting all of 5 mins. The hotel is a 10 mins drive from downtown Marseilles and one minute (by car) from the beach in a safe residential neighborhood. The secure indoor parking with a elevator with direct access to reception and to our room floor made moving luggage very easy. The breakfast buffet included a wide selection of pastries, breads, cheeses, cold cuts. Being February, the fruit salad was not great; but there was a small selection of hot food (bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, crepes) In the evening, the hotel's restaurant serves experimental French food which is best avoided. We had a bad experience with Duck Canoloni. Our waiter, without hesitation on his own initiative, removed the charges from our bill. This is highly unusual in Europe and speaks volumes for how service oriented this hotel is. So overall, would definitely recommend this hotel and we do plan on returning again next time we visit Marseilles.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room with balcony and sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
VillaMassalia, Directeur général at Golden Tulip Villa Massalia, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear VM1960,

We thank you for your great comments concerning our hotel.

We took good notice of your highlights regarding the restaurant and have worked on a new menu to improve your satisdfaction.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Good 4* hotel with good staff and service. My room was good but nothing extraordinary – no great views as it overlooked the local gas/ petrol station. However, it was clean with a comfortable bed and a nice en-suite – although the shower is small and weak. TV channels are all French. Breakfast was good but little hot food available. Dinner in restaurant was OK but as there are a number of nice restaurants about 5min walk away in the direction of the sea that is not a problem except this was February and very cold - it snowed during stay. I was staying there at a business conference so had little chance to get out and sample the locality.

Room Tip: Hotel is the other side of Marseilles from the airport and be aware a taxi is about Euro60. Better to eat outside if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
VillaMassalia, Directeur général at Golden Tulip Villa Massalia, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Oldbolter,

We would like to thank you for taking time to give your impressions following to your stay and we are sorry to hear it did not match your expectations.

Our Superior Rooms have indeed a city view, so why not try a Deluxe Room for your next stay? These rooms have view on the horse race or on the sea.

We are looking forwad to welcome you soon again.