New Hotel Of Marseille
  • Breakfast included
Hermes(Marseille)
C2 Hotel(Marseille)
  • Pool
All reviewsle pharogreat hotelthe bell boyold portvieux portshort walkquirky hotelspecial ratemini barnespresso machineconvenient locationsuperior roomrestaurants and barsnotre dameharbourconciergearty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay at the New Hotel. The hotel is very stylish and the rooms are modern, clean and great value for money. It is also an easy walk to some great restaurants and the harbour area. We had a friendly busboy show us to our room and who was very informative and obviously enjoyed his job. I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
directionnhom, Director at New Hotel Of Marseille, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Guest satisfaction is the best award for our services. Thank you, with pleasure to welcome you for your next stay in Marseille.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a good 4 star hotel. The hotel is well maintained, well decorated, staff excellent and good facilities. The swimming pool is a bonus and makes a great area to relax in at the end of the day. Old Port is a 10 minute walk down hill in one direction, the Catalan beach 5 minutes in the other. Hotel is well served by local buses if you do not want to walk.
Restaurant is excellent and reasonably priced (except breakfast which we did not have as it was too expensive). Good wine list..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments. We hope to see you for your next trip in Marseille.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

After a hectic flight to Marseille (our suitcases did not arrive with the plane) we were welcomed and helped by the staff of the New Hotel of Marseille. One of the bagagistes did everything he could do (af this hour of the evening) to help me get my fluids for my contact lenses, as I had left them in my suitcase!!! So don't forget to have a travel kit with you for your contact lenses!!!

The staff were also very helpful the next day when they made several inquieries about the whereabouts of my suitcase. When they arrived in the evening the holidays could really start.

The next time that I will visit Marseille, I wil certainly book for this hotel. Thanks again for all the trouble and efforts!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Booked 2 rooms for an overnight stay in Marseille after reviewing comments on Tripadvisor. The hotel was easy to find via the Sat Nav although the current roadworks around the port do make it tricky to get there. Parking was easy - dedicated area Level -4. The check in was straightforward and the busboy (Scandanavian) was very helpful with directions and local information. Location was a little further from the town centre but this wasn't a problem for me as I drove to the main sights. Didn't eat at the hotel as I wanted to try the bouillabaise at a nearby restaurant (Le Calypso) on the beach - a 10 minute walk away. Rooms were a good size with a striking colour scheme. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
directionnhom, Director at New Hotel Of Marseille, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments, we hope to see you for your next trip in Marseille.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

It's all in the details and that is not the case here.I was disappointed the first day I had breakfast here, it seemed like the staff could not wait till the breakfast space was liberated so that they could dress the tables for lunch.Basically I refused to have breakfast here since.Not friendly and certainly not attentive.If you happen to be at the pool you have to physically go and order your drink as nobody will come and check to see if there are any orders.The door leading into the pool area is difficult to open and if you want to leave the pool its even more complicated as you have to reach over the door and open it from the reverse side.I don't think this place is meant for people that want holiday but I guess we made that mistake booking here for five days.This would make good place for business people that are just passing by for the night.When you shower the floor becomes a pool as the glass wall on the bathtub is not big enough..pity because the rooms are spacious,clean and nicely furnished.I have to say this place has potential but some of the service staff need training and the overall details need to be refined.

• Stayed: August 2012

Effectively, we serve breakfast till 12am, but between 10,30 and 12 you get your breakfast in Bar area or in your room with rooms service. We are sorry if our staff didn't give you good explanations. As you understand we have security doors for children in our swimming pool, not so easy to open. Please accept our apologize if nobody came to take your order. In our 4* service we have to serve you in your place. We hope to see you again for business or leisure.