“Lionel Levy rocks!”
Review of Alcyone

Alcyone
Reserve with
Alcyone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,211 Restaurants in Marseille
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Le restaurant gastronomique Alcyone propose une vue imprenable sur le Vieux-Port et une cuisine d'exception. Lionel Levy y presente ses creations gourmandes.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We didn't know about this restaurant until the hotel concierge recommended this to us, after we cancelled Le Petit Nice for asking us to prepay our meal on reservations (3 months before the dinner date). It was a pleasant surprise as this restaurant is indeed a gem in Marseille. Other than the beautiful view of the port, the service has been very accommodative and staff are willing to try speaking in English. Above all, the food prepared by Chef Lionel Levy was very high standard. Perfectedly seasoned, fresh ingredients and beautiful presentations made this restaurant a great dining destination. A small note, after trying a few other restaurants in town, we conclude that this chef makes the BEST bouillabaisse in Marseille. Bravo and hope that when I return, the restaurant will have a 3-star status!

3  Thank PFirst123
Margaux T, Responsable de restaurant at Alcyone, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2014

Dear PFirst123

Thank you so much; it is so nice to have comments from Kuala Lampour.
Come back whenever you want we will be pleased to welcome you.

Etienne Pontarini

There are newer reviews for Alcyone

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I really enjoyed my dinner at the gorgeous Alcyone last week and what a lovely experience that was! The email communications regarding the reservation were dealt with swiftly and smoothly (despite my rather limited language skills in French...) and I was so relieved to know that everything was arranged as I requested when I arrived at the restaurant. Every dish was assembled in such a beautiful way and all ingredients seemed absolutely fresh and were delicious. The service was impeccable yet friendly too and the staff made me feel welcomed and at home there, so I would like to express my big thanks the food and beverage team for that evening. It was definitely one of the best restaurants I have ever visited in France and I am so glad that I have found Alcyone. I will definitely return next time I am in Marseille and can't wait!

2  Thank Flying_babi
Margaux T, Manager at Alcyone, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Flying_babi,

Thank you so much; it is so nice to have comments from London.
Come back whenever you want we will be pleased to welcome you.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Most elegant food and service but not for the bargain hunter. You get what you pay for . The menu was extraordinary

3  Thank George P
Margaux T, Manager at Alcyone, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear George P,

Thank you so much for your comments.
We will share your experience with the team.
We are really sorry for this inconvenience.
See you soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We came here on our last night in Marseille as a treat - and what a treat.Cocktails on the terrace pre dinner then an absolutely exquisite meal in the restaurant. The service lead by Etienne was superlative and not at all snobby or intrusive as it sometimes is in these hotels. The whole experience was just magnifique and we loved it. Would definitely do it again. Thank you chef Lionel, Etienne and the staff!

1  Thank soosiefloosie
Margaux T, Manager at Alcyone, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear soosiefloosie,
Thank you so much for your comments.
We will share your experience with the team.
See you soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a relief to have a restaurant in eh south of France that makes up 3* that are just not worth it (see other reviews).
This is simple a magnificent experience all round.. The building exquisite. The food sublime and the staff know what they are about and deliver with aplomb - a combination of formality with a wanting to share their thoughts.
If does not get 38 very soon there is something wrong.

2  Thank twodogsplus
Margaux T, Direction de la restauration at Alcyone, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear twodogsplus,
What pleaser to read your comment back to Dublin.
We are happy that you had a nice time with us.
Come back soon.