With Marseille suffering from its increasingly bad reputation, it is certainly a good idea for foreign travellers to stay tucked-away in this gorgeous, secured environment. Hotel 96 is an amazing place for that: nestled in the beautiful typical Marseille hills called "Calanques", it is basically a private property beautifully turned into luxury guest houses. The highlight of the place are:
- Highly secured environment and private parking within the property available for free. Access secured by digital code.
- Gorgeous surroundings: hills, garden, refreshing pool and terrace.
- Amazing room design: the 2 owners really made an outstanding effort with the decoration, split into different playful themes: "Marseille", "White", "Steal and wood", "high fashion". I stayed in an "all-white" suite, and it was fantastic: spacious, modern, and full of natural light. Bed quality was AMAZING. I actually missed that mattress as I left!
- Very friendly owners and service. The lady was especially friendly and helpful when I needed to collect a DHL from abroad and print some documents. She can also happily make great suggestions on what to do locally.
The only soft warning I am making is for Asian guests. If (like me!) you are used to the 5 stars standards in Asia, just keep in mind that Hotel 96 is different. It is not another 5 stars hotel chain, but a privately owned small luxury / boutique hotel. Graciously keep this point in mind whenever addressing the staff with your needs. Family travellers, be aware of your kids going wild! the place is remarkable for its quietness. Breakfast was excellent too, with a healthy choice of home-made and quality products, both sweet and salty to cater to all tastes.
All in one, I have loved my stay and want to come back with my other half (the place is lovely for couples). Being native from Marseille myself, I am so proud to see these 2 young owners launch such a great and innovative concept in Marseille.
Tip # 1 => the hotel is the perfect start point to explore the beautiful Calanques: just ask to the reception, they will point out all the best itineraries for you on a map.
Tip # 2 => there is a "Carrefour" supermarket within 5 mn drive from the hotel, should you need anything to compliment your stay. And a Decathlon shop 10 mn drive away, if you need any sport gear (scuba diving, swim shoes, bathing suits...). Ask directions to the staff.
Tip #3 => the hotel conveniently rents sunbath towels, should you need one to go sea-swimming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps from the Parc des Calanques, a few minutes from the beaches, and about twenty minutes from the old port, discover this cocoon of greenery and atypical rooms to make your stay a memorable one in Marseille.The hotel is located in the heart of a 19th century house is located in a green setting. Quiet, spacious, with terrace or mansard, the rooms are in harmony with the garden.Between trips, dreams and passions, the rooms have atmospheres haute couture, White Room, Retro Colors, Marenostrum, Wood & Iron, Marseillaises or inevitable, which will not leave you indifferent. Everyone will find the room that looks like him. They are equipped with the best bedding, air conditioning, iPod docking station, Free Wifi, Mini bar, toilet and personal bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel 96 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.