$225
$80
$77
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

$158
$147
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$220
$196
InterContinental
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $244/night.

nhow Marseille(Marseille)
$137
$82
Priceline
1,185 results
All reviewsfree moviesapple tvfunky hotelcours julienother citiesresidential arealoved this hotelmini barminute walkhotel is locatedimactanksmicrowaveportmetrobeddingtoiletries
Reviewed August 10, 2017

From reading previous reviews I thought MAMA Shelter might be some kind of clearing house for multiple apartments or something. It is actually a fantastic midtown hotel with some of the most helpful front desk personnel I've encountered. The room was very clean, and although it was a loft, I got used to the lower slanted ceiling. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Tim V
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Mama Shelter with some friends and we enjoyed every minute of it. From the first impression - the very professional and lovable reception from the staff to the tasty and extensive breakfast buffet (they even had crepes Suzetteon the buffet!). Considering how extremely affordable this hotel is the rooms are fantastic. The bed alone was enough for giving an excellent review! The room was very clean, simple yet stylish and the air condition was quiet and cooled us in the warm Marseille night. The staff gave us their favorite bathing spot on the rocks outside of the city - going there was truly a wonderful experience with a 45 minute hike in the dramatic cliffs of the Mediterranean. Can't wait to go back to Mama Shelter!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Une_Petite_Critique
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Modern, quirky and fun with all the facilities you would expect from a boutique hotel . We had a double room and it was great. Interesting decor, fab bathroom with waterfall shower. Loved the Apple TV and the lighting in the room( around the mirrors and end of the bed . The breakfast buffet was not cheap but the food was excellent and there was a huge range to choose from ( unlimited) the staff were also great . Highly recommended

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona R
Reviewed July 13, 2017

I often go to Marseille, as my family lives there , and , without a fail , always go to Mama Shelter for a visit or two.
Were there Thursday evening for a drink , were seating in the patio area which is open air until 10pm. We were enjoying our conversation when we were suddenly struck by what appeared to be 2 water bombs!!
Even more shocking was the dismissive and laid back attitude from the staff.
All we got was: sorry about that , it must be some kids playing!!!
We emphasised the fact that it could have been urine, acid etc, still the only response was" sorry about that"!!!
The area wasn't mopped and 2 customers sat there; it was us who warned them about the wet floor, not the staff!!
As we left , I spoke to the manager on duty who again said it was kids playing and he didn't know what else he could do about it. I reminded him that they have a security guard at the door and suggested that he could have instructed him to investigate what seemed to be a reoccurring problem.
The whole thing exposed a very poor , unprepared and laid back management.
I am a manager in a train company , and if one of my passagers has a problem , I am expected to deal with it promptly , professionally and with the upmost care!!
What I experienced was a dereliction of duty.
As it happens , we had breakfast at the Sofitel the same day, what a contrast . The service and staff wwere exceptional.
Being part of the Accor group, the Mama Shelter staff brins the company standards down.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank patriciatapa
Reviewed July 5, 2017

I had an AMAZING stay at Mama Shelter in Marseille for 3 nights and my only regret was it wasn't longer. The staffs are all very friendly and professional, especially Clarisse and her team at front desk. The room was a good size with all the amenities you need to make your stay comfortable (Apple TV, great wifi, super comfortable bed). The location is great too, tucked in a really cute neighborhood where you can walk to all of the attractions. Do your yourself a favor and make sure you stay at this hotel should you ever visit Marseille (which is a pretty great city too).

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo