The hotel location is excellent, at the entrance to the port with view of the Port and old Fort. It is located next to the very nice park.
Novotel, the orphan, is next and adjoining Sofitel. The hotels abut each other and share the garage and some of the service ares. Both hotels are owned by the Accor chain, but there is where the similarities stop.
The main public areas are comfortable and pleasant, especially the terrace, where the meals and beverages can be taken. Hotel has an outdoor pool.
The corridors and room appear tired. The corridor carpeting is in need of cleaning and replacement. The rooms are rated as Superior, Executive and Executive with view. The reserved Superior room had an interior view of service buildings roofs and roof equipment. The Executive room with a view of the port is approximately $100 more a night, so it is a personal decision if it is worth the difference.
The room appeared tired, it has original "contemporary" furnishings and was in need of cleaning, especially the carpeting which had dust, dirt and items left from previous occupant.
The computer problems slowed down the check-in process and at checkout time the desk could not handle the larger number of guests. In spite of it all, the front desk personnel was professional, friendly and trying to accommodate everyone.
The garage is secure and typically for Marseille, expensive. However, it is a good choice if one has new or expensive car. Hotel is located on main, busy street and the street parking is at premium.
The hotel is a good hotel, that needs management attention and care. The condition of the hotel do not warrant the prices charged for the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Marseille Vieux Port hotel welcomes you in the heart of the Phocean city for a unique stay: with your family, visit the key sites such as the MUCEM, Palais du Pharo, Fort St. Jean and access the beaches in just minutes. While on business trips, benefit from free WIFI, our private car park and the views of the Old Port from our Novotel Cafe restaurant. The hotel also benefits from direct access to highways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Novotel Marseille Vieux Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Marseille Vieux Port Hotel Marseille
- Accor Marseille Vieux Port
- Marseille Novotel