All reviewsexcellent locationvieux portnoise insulationlocated hotelfish marketnice hotelhuge bathroomgreat cityclean bathroomthe air conditioningstayed here for one nightrestaurants and barslate at nightshort staybuffet breakfastglazingstops
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The biggest tip I can give before I start this post is, do you REALLY want to go to Marseille? After going for 2-3 days in August, we were totally dissapointed with the city. The city is all underconstruction (like the port) and so getting around is very hard. Plus, most of the city is gross, filled with garbage, stinks and is full of grafity and violence. I will never go back there, but anyways...

The hotel is idealy located at the edge of the Vieux Port so that is a plus! Walking distance to the port and other restaurants and shops around. (Even a McDonal's next door...)
The lobby is nicely decorated and has a computer for free internet access which is always good, also the staff at the front desk were pretty nice.

As for the room, we were 3 in the family (my parents & I) we had booked a double room and were expecting 2 double beds but at our arrival were told we were getting a room with 3 single beds.. awkward but not the end of the world. The beds however, were not very comfortable. The bathroom was really nice tho and the room/bathroom and hotel were pretty clean.

Again, I wouldn't recommence travelling to Marseille but if you are, this is a good place to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel is ideally situated in the Vieux port area - unless construction is underway which it was. It was not pretty but did not really impact the trip.

The hotel was clean. The Staff excellent (REALLY EXCELLENT). The only complaint is that the rooms never really got cool - just tolerable. Did I mention that Marseilles is hot in August?

The hotel is around the corner from a central square where there were at least 20 eating and drinking establishments. It is also around the corner from the seedier side of life in a port town but it was amusing rather than alarming.
If we were to go to Marseilles again we would stay here. I think though that we will stay in Aix en provence.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Short stay, 1 night but I would not stay here again. It sucked that there was construction EVERYWHERE which probably took away from the beauty of it, but Marseilles in general is very ghetto.

The hall smelled weird, the hotel room AC was NOT cold or strong, so we basically sweat the entire night which made it uncomfortable. The hotel tried to move us which is why I bumped it to 3* rating, but the room they tried to move us to was even hotter.

It is close to restaurants etc, but the reception guy told us not to go out too late bc the city is just completely ghetto and we could get mugged.

All in all, I think there are better finds if you are looking to visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Despite looking a little dated from the outside, the hotel is well worth a stay. Great location (once the outside road works are completed), and lovely view if you go for a harbour view room. The rooms are modern, bathrooms spotless and free wifi. All they need to do is put in tea/coffee in the rooms ! Would definitely stay again. Parking is not available, but there is a public carpark near by at a very reasonable daily rate. (there is no swimming pool)

Room Tip: harbour view rooms are good (not noisy at all)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have had a short but very nice stay in Marseille. Good hotel with good lokalisation. We will come back anotheer time to spend more time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com