“Grand Tonic Htel - Marseille, France”

Grand Tonic Hotel Vieux Port
Ranked #99 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We arrived late for a two night stay in mid November. The weather for warm for this time of the year. Very pleasant service was my first impression. We were hungry and the hotel restaurant was not open, but we were guided to a very reasonably priced three course meal for 17 Euro - very acceptable by Danish restuarant prices.
Our room was sound-proof and the seaview of the habour was excellent. The breakfast in the morning was surprisingly very disappointing, but the service was good. I would recommend the hotel and it location for a busuness trip or romantic stay.

Room Tip: All location, close to the Metro and easy get from the airport.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
TonicParis, Directeur général at Grand Tonic Hotel Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for your customer review. It always helps us improve our quality and our services.
We remain at your disposal and look froward the pleasure to welcome you again at the Grand Tonic Hotel Marseille
Very Truly Yours
The General Management

There are newer reviews for Grand Tonic Hotel Vieux Port

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for one night in November. The room was very stuffy and as hot as a sauna. Was told by the reception that the hotel had turned off the AC system as of the beginning of November and there was nothing to do about it! I don't know why the rooms and hallways in this hotel were so hot as the weather outside was cold and rainy. It was impossible to sleep and opening the window just made it worse because of the street noise and mosquito bites..

The only good thing about the hotel is its location which is right on the port and across the street from Metro. Otherwise uncomfortable rooms, rude reception and certainly not a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank STraveller26
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, the room was decent, front desk staff were quite nice. I was enjoying my time here, until I counted the money I had " safely" locked in the safe, and noticed that 180 Euros were missing. I went through all my receipts and went over all my spending, and exactly 180 Euros was missing. The staff at the desk said they couldn't do anything and took my information, only to never follow up.

Upon my return, I turned to the trusty reviews on Trip Advisor, and found other people reported the same issue.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Emile M
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here for one night while passing through Marseille. Our two rooms on the third floor were nice, and the bathrooms were great, except that one of them didn't have a shower curtain so everything got wet whenever we showered. The beds were incredibly comfortable, and the air conditioning worked well (better in one room than the other). There was no noise, despite us being in a very loud area.

Our one problem with the hotel was the smell in the hallway at nighttime. The elevator and hallway reeked of fish, most likely from the kitchen downstairs. We left before breakfast, so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Had a great rate, spacious and clean room. The location is excellent as to previus reviews nothing stolen!
I Would definitely return. As for the 4* rating maybe a bit high as the reception/concierge area cosists of a desk that's it.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed in this hotel from 15th of july until 29th of july.
As another colleague, I've been stolen some money into the safe during my trip.

At the beginning I couldn't believe it because the door we correctly locked at my return. Then it happened with my colleague, and we discovered that it exists an universal code that can lock and unlock the door unlimited (we had a live demonstration).

This is an hotel we cannot trust and their director did nothing to try fix the situation. We were told that an internal investigation were in progress but until now nothing happened.

I strongly recommend to avoid this hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Driche
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I strongly recommend you to stay away from this hotel.

This last saturday, August 30th, some money have been stolen from my room's safe. Besides this, the guy at the reception desk had no hospitality at all, just saying that it can't happen and not willing to help me with my issue.

If I had not counted the money everyday I would say I had lost it, but everyday I check the receipts and money that I still have and on this specific day someone took 200 EUR from the safe.

Again, go away from this hotel if you want some security or if you want to be well treated.

I'm here since July 15th on the room 410, and I must stay here for more two weeks, how secure can I be with my things?

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business