Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Paris
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The hotel is expensive, not conveniently located, the lobby and public areas are tired, the room was clean but minimalist. Bath tub is dangerous (slippery). Takes time to check in and out as the receptionist keeps answering phone calls (while her colleague is resting an office on the back). Would be acceptable for 60 euros, not 110.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
StephanieGRATALOUP, Directeur général at Mercure Marseille Centre Prado Hotel Velodrome, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you for having taken time to announce me your remarks further to your last stay in our establishment.

Your comments on the comfort of your room and on the wait for your arrival quite hold attention, I understand your disappointment.

The circumstances which led to you to write us do not reflect the professionalism which the teams usually show, and I can assure you of all my implication to deserve your confidence.

I am anxious to thank you for your comments who allows me to know better the waits of our customers and to improve the quality of our welcome.

In the hope of you receive very soon in the hotel Mercure Marseille Prado and by assuring you

Sincerely Yours.

Stéphanie GRATALOUP

Reviewed June 9, 2010

I liked the Mercure Prado, although it was away from the happening Vieux Port. But walking distance from the metro and offering a decent breakfast. The polite staff that could speak in English and understand my broken French :)

When they realised that I had skipped dinner and reached the hotel past their fixed dinnertime, the chef was kind enough to go out of his way to send me a lovely mini-loaf of hot bread with some salmon. On the house!

I enjoyed my two days here.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank PriyaPathiyan
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Want a hotel that has uncomforatble beds, lack of sound insulation, poor attention to detail, and even runs out of butter and hot dishes for breakfast! Then this is the place for you!
We were woken up every morning by movement in the corridor and general road noise outside, not that we slept as as the beds were between " rock and a hard place" with pillow cases that were too small for the pillows so therefore like laying your head on rolled up newspaper.
With breakfast the manager really didn't have an eye on the detail, from un ironed table cloths, running out of butter, cereal dispensers not working, hot food being cold or even not available!
Were not complainers and it wasn't one thing that spoilt our stay, just a general accumulation of bad points. I'm sure the're better places to stay out there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Badger_10177
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I stayed there twice in early August. The corridor carpet on the 4th floor was disgusting, but the one the 3rd floor had been replaced. Both rooms were clean and did not smell of smoke - not bad for France. The AC could not cope with 30+ heat outside. Breakfast was very good. I would not have been amused if I had paid the rack price, but it was fair value for what I paid. Guest computer did not work, Very important in the days of forced airline web checkin - staff most unhelpful and told me to find a cybercfe in town.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank devondawdler
Reviewed June 4, 2009

A very overpriced hotel, with insufficient maintenance.
To sum up my findings:
- Non-smoking room smelled like smoke, being blown in via the ventilation system in the bathroom from elsewhere in the hotel.
- Aircon did not respond to any of the buttons pressed.
- Thick layer of dust on shelves on the wall.
- No free WiFi or cable internet. Still had to pay (high!) fee per hours of use. For a room this price, you'd expect it to be free.
- Very low waterpressure in shower, shower head leaks and sprays against the wall, bathroom floor becomes swimming pool.

All little things perhaps, but to sum it up: For €150,- a night, one would expect a lot better.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business