“Marseille Provence Greeters”

Marseille Provence Greeters
Ranked #7 of 98 Tours in Marseille
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A new way to explore Marseille ! Greeters are local volunteers from Marseille who accompany you on your walk, unveil their secret places and top addresses and regale you with fun little stories about the enigmatic Marseille-Provence area.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Like other travelers, I found out about the Marseille Provence Greeters through Trip Advisor. I am so glad I did! Requesting a tour was easy through their website and they match you with a greeter according to your interests and requests. Our greeter, Christian-Marie Regina e-mailed me right away to confirm our walk. We were very thankful and happy for the opportunity to walk around Marseille with Christian! He was incredibly flexible, extremely friendly and accommodating, and very knowledgeable about Marseille. He gave us a wonderful glimpse of the history of and current happenings in the city during our 2-3 hour walk around the Vieux Port area and the Le Panier district. It was so enjoyable to see Marseilles through the eyes of one of its residents. Thank you, Marseille Provence Greeters, and especially Christian, for the very memorable experience in your fabulous city. It was certainly one of the highlights of our trip.

4  Thank surfnshopntravel
in 8 reviews
"culture"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My Greeter contacted me via email prior to our meeting and gave me her phone number which was very helpful. We had a lovely walk through the Panier area of Marseille. My Greeter was knowledgeable about the history of the area which i found very helpful and interesting. We walked slowly so that there was lots of time for conversation. She was patient as I practiced by French and she also could practice her English with me. SHe also gave me tips of what to see in Aix. I would definitely use this program again. Since I was traveling alone it was nice to spend time with someone on a one-to-one basis and not in a group tour.

4  Thank Lorraine M
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Le village du Roucas Blanc (White Rock) : A historical tour of a very special district of Marseille with hardly anybody on the streets and lovely views of the Bay. We started in front of Notre Dame de la Garde and went slowly winding down towards the shore La Corniche.
The Greeters are fantastic and Yves was definitely one of them with the magic spirit pertaining to this program : respect of the visitor's wishes, generosity and special anecdotes about what's life like in the city they show you around.
You may donate a few euros to the program at the end of your visit and you'll get a mail from them thanking you ! service at its best !

6  Thank leslilas
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were greeted by Gerard who was fantastic, he showed us around the Pannier district for 2 hours, well worth doing. I highly recommend using a greeter.

3  Thank Ebbage