“A Riviera Tour to remember”

Provence Connection
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Unusual Marseille Highlights e-Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: First tour company in "Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur" offering day-tours to discover the Riviera as Provence with air-conditionned minivans driven by english speaking tour leaders all internally trained to offer personalized presentations and follow various memorable itineraries of the region; Everyday "Pay per seat" excursions from Marseille & Aix-en-Provence; Private tours from Provence & the Riviera; New Marseille e-Bike Tour!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed June 22, 2013

One of the highlights of our recent holiday in France was a trip with Provence Connection from Aix en Provence, (where we were staying), to Cannes, Nice and Monaco. Our driver/guide, Fabrizio, was warm, full of information and of fun. He looked after us every step of the way. I wanted very much to take this tour, but was concerned that it might be a lot for my husband, whose mobility has been impaired by a recent illness, but Fabrizio was particularly considerate and helpful towards him, and he enjoyed it as much as I did.
Apart for the memorable visits to the highpoints of the three legendary Riviera towns, where we had time to walk about, and browse, (we took our coffee in Cannes, lunch in Nice and a ‘petit grand tour’of Monaco, as well as a drive around the famed Formula One circuit), our tour took in stops at the beautiful hilltop town of Eze, and to the Fragonard perfumery in Grasse. We had opportunities to stop and take photos at some of the breathtaking beauty stops. It was a wonderful day and covered so much.
I must also add that later that night, back in our hotel in Aix, my husband discovered that one of his hearing aids was missing! The likelihood of locating such a tiny (but costly) device, just a few centimetres in size, seemed remote. It could have fallen out in our hotel, or in Cannes, in Nice or Monaco, or anywhere in between!
But guess what? I made a phone call the next morning (Sunday) to Maria in the Provence Connection office, and she contacted Fabrizio, who was doing another tour that day. Unbelievably, he found the tiny device down the side of the rear seat of the minibus, and he drove over to our hotel with it that evening, since we were flying out of Marseille home to ireland early on Monday morning. Fabulous Fabrizio! What service! Above and beyond the call of duty – many, many thanks!

Mary O’Donnell

"private tour"
in 22 reviews
"great tour"
in 21 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 12 reviews
in 6 reviews
"cruise critic"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We wanted to get to the small villages of the Luberon, but did not want to rent a car, so the Provence Connection was our obvious choice. The very nice and knowledgeable Frank took us on a tour of some of the special villages north of Marseille: Gordes, Rousillon, Fontaine de la Vaucluse and L'isle sur la Sorgue. For 99 Euros each, this was a bargain for a day's trip without a care in the world. Beautiful villages, winding streets, incredible views, and, the sight of Gordes from the road going in and out of town will simply take your breath away. And...Frank dropped us off near our cousin's house at the end of the day. What could be better. Thanks to the Prvoence Connection for making our trip to Marseille very special.

1  Thank Folkwriter
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I had only one day in Marsseile and watt to make a tour that was not available for the day in the week . I call the company and ask of it was possible to make that tour that day with only 2 persons. They accepted my request and gave me the tour for the same price offered usually. The guide was a very experient and helpfull person

1  Thank Fmorisco
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I joined both the French Riviera tour as well as the Arles/Avignon and Les Baux tour and found them both to be absolutely amazing. You see two very different sides of the south of France, and we loved them both! Silvio, our tour guide for both days, was delightful and knew lots facts and history about both areas. We were planning on just doing the French Riviera tour but we had so much fun on the 1st day, that we signed up for another tour that very same night. If you are travelling in the south of France and want a great tour with an informative and friendly guide, Provence Connection is the way to go!

1  Thank Madeleine H
See more reviews
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First I had never organized a tour before and I was trying to put together a tour with 3 other couples, none of whom I knew, but only met through Internet. I was a bit nervous. I had many questions and concerns about the tour and how to make the deposit when i didn't know the others and Silvio was wonderful. He was great about responding to all my questions and worked with me so each couple could make their own deposit through PayPal. He so patient even though I sent him so many emails.

As far as the tour, we were on the same tour to Aix en Provence, Cassis and Marseille on may 13th. My mom and I liked Brice, our driver, he was there to greet our group right away. He had a good sense of humor and spoke a lot about the area and gave information about himself. I was not sure what to expect from the tour since I knew nothing about any of these places and had heard negative things about Marseille.

Aix en Provence is a small town and perhaps some people after being in Rome and Florence on our cruise were expecting differently. I felt the description in the itinerary was very accurate though. Brice took us on a walk through the streets and the market. After we went to Cap Canaille, it had an amazing view overlooking the sea and Cassis. He was good about telling people to be careful and to keep a safe distance from the edge of the cliff. It also was not crowded, only a handful of others there, which was really nice. Afterward we went to Cassis a beautiful town on the sea, with many restaurants. We had time on our own to have lunch. Afterward, he took us to Marseille where we visited a few nice places. The history musuem was beautiful building, we stopped to take photos of the outside. The church on top of city gave a good view of Marseille from all directions. Brice was able to drive to the top. We heard from many who went on their own and had to climb the many stairs to get to the top. From the places we visited I had a positive opinion of the city.

I would definitely recommend Provence Connection from my personal experience. In addition, sharing a tour with others is much less expensive than the excursions on the ship. It's also not such a large group, only 8, which I think allowed going to some spots such as the cliff that large buses aren't able visit. There was no problem in returning to the ship in plenty of time before it left port.

1  Thank kimw