We booked this hotel in advance through expedia, so got decent rates (still far expensive). However, the hotel, the location, and the service is top class.
The hotel is 10 minutes walk from Port Vieux metro and right next to Le Pharo.
We chose the non-port facing view (as it was additional 50 euros per day), the room was decent size, but the bath was enormous. Nice welcome gift for our daughter.
All staff without exception were smiling, courteous, and extremely helpful. Really made us feel very very welcome. Would love to stay again.
Two complaints though
1. The swimming pool wasn't working (it is at next door Novotel), but the reception wasn't aware. We went to Novotel and came back dry!
2. My wife wanted to book for a spa, but there were number of miscommunications (not because of language), between concergie, the spa attendant, and wife. My wife had to cancel the appointment once and then go back and forth twice the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the heart of France's oldest port city, this hotel is a stopover between the Riviera, the Camargue and Lubéron,and a short boat ride away from the Château d'If on its famous island setting and the Calanques. Near La Canebière, the hotel offers an exceptional view over the Vieux-Port. In the evenings, relax in the cozy atmosphere of the Dantès Skylounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marseille Vieux-Port Hotel Marseille
- Marseille Sofitel