2,633 results
All reviewsfloor restauranttop floorvieux portrooftop barluxury roomswimming poolfive star hotelexcellent hotelbreakfast buffetwonderful viewold harbourlong weekendmodern hotelconciergedantestroisfrance
Reviewed September 16, 2012

From the moment we checked in and found a bottle of chilled champagne awaiting us in our room, we knew this was going to be a delightful stay. It's location is perfect as it perched on a hill with views of the old port which is just a 15 minute walk away. Also 15 minutes away is the beach area in the opposite direction. The hotel bar is also very charming. The room was fantastic as demonstrated by the pictures.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Sofitel is a business style hotel but can still be enjoyed if you have the budget.
The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were well laid out. The hotel has a lovely pool area with views into the old port.
My own tip to try to afford a stay at this very good hotel and make the most of the stunning views is to book online at the standard room rate and pay up front on one of their deals. Then upgrade to the harbour/old port view. I would not recommend staying unless you had the view. Additionally, avoid the breakfast and room service as it is very expensive and not that impressive. There are some very good local shops around the corner.

Room Tip: as above in the review
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here with my husband and 9 month old baby to go to my French cousins wedding. This is a very expensive hotel and although very nice there were some things which for this price should be better. The check in was quick and very friendly, however I had made a note on my booking that we needed a cot for our baby, I then called 1week before arrival to check this was noted on the booking, the lady on the phone said "yes of course, it will be there, no problem". However when we got there, no cot. They did remedy this very quickly and brought the cot in about 15 mins, as I told them my baby was now overdue his bedtime, they also bought us a baby bath as the room only has a fancy ( and very lovely) rain showr. In the end the room was lovely and baby ready. The rooms are very nicely set out and amazing comfy enormous beds! The deco of the bar and reception is 'high end' in a flashy and what we in the uk call Footballers Wives style. the bar staff are nice but it took us a really long time to get our drinks and dinner at the bar on the first night. The food was really tasty-we had a selection of tapas. The biggest problem we had is that at 5am on Monday morniong the housekeeping use trolleys to put all the laundry which doesn't get collected at the weekend outside for collection. This was very very noisy, I sleep with earplugs and it woke me and kept us awake from 5am right through till about 10am, so as a family with a baby we were all very very tired all day. The breakfast costs 26 euros per person, but it is very good, lots of choice, great breads, loads of fruit, a whole leg of ham to carve yourself, and honey from their own bees! If aim going to be really super picky - not perfect though, but that's only be ause as a Brit I would like the option of a fresh cooked English breakfast, and not to have to pay extra for eggs benedict.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed two nights the hotel service was very good from check in to departure. Our room was well appointed, clean and we were thrilled with the view of the vieux port. The Trois Forts restaurant was our only disappointment at the property. The view from the restaurant cannot be beat, it seems to be perched on the highest point about the port. Unfortunately, the service and meals did not match perfect view point.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GingerandNutmeg
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Spent 1 night in a luxury room (+500€) with my sister. Long and difficult checkin, just to find the room had 1 big bed instead of 2. Nasty reaction from the reception lady when we claimed a double. When we finally got it, hall of amenities were missing and the WC dripped water. The service in the restaurant was terrible: 1 hour beween drinks and Food. We had to stand up to get the check because it never arrived! Final conversation with pub rel was the final joke. Really NOT worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2012