I really liked the location of the pullman palm beach directly at the seas with nice views to the water or sea. It is of modern design, which I liked as well, bright room, comfortable bed and bathroom of good size with bathtub, though no seperate shower, which I would have preferred. Apparently the hotel was refurbished in 2002 and you can see this ... so a touch up would do good. Cleanliness as typical, superficial clean but if you look closer ...
In regards to the fitness & spa area, I was disappointed. There is a sauna and a whirlpool, with some gym equipment around. Completly missing: an area to relax. Also the sauna was only between 60 to 70 degrees, should though be around 80 degrees.
Front desk staff is very indifferent. Am an Accor Gold member, was not given a a welcome drink voucher though. Late Check Out though was given, however despite having the card reycoded I was locked out of the room at 13:00 and had to have it rekeyed again. Kind of an inconvenience.
Had a glass of wine and a salad at the bar. Quality and prices are ok, so not a good value, but neither a rip off.
The guest ignorance seems to be though a management issue. I filled in their survey and got an answer from the quality manager. It was they typical we're sorry, big mistake not giving the voucher and please give us another chance. Though no concrete action taken, nothing proactive, eg. some extra points credit as a guesture or something.
So next time in Marseille, I will go back to the Sofitel. Staff much more attentive there, closer to the city and a nicer spa area. Ah, I was there in off season paying around 150 Euro for a night. Skipped the breakfast, as at 20 Euros too much for me. A croissant and coffee suits me well, so I took a nice walk to the boulangerie artisanal about a 10 minutes walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 150 rooms and 10 suites with breathtaking views of Prado Bay, the Pullman Marseille Palm Beach is located by the sea, 10 minutes from the city centre and 28 km from the airport. The hotel offers an auditorium with seating for 320 as well as 12 meeting rooms for up to 600 people. Our Mediterranean restaurant specialises in delicious fish dishes. Our swimming pool with sauna and Jacuzzi offers total peace and relaxation. Guests can also enjoy jogging, tennis, water sports and golf nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and ACCOR so you can book your Pullman Marseille Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Marseille Palm Beach Hotel Marseille
- Accor Marseille Palm Beach