“Great Location for touring the area”

Citadines Castellane Marseille
Ranked #25 of 131 Hotels in Marseille
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for three nights at the end of June. It is in a back street situation but just off the main road and its attractions including a marvellous open market , The staff were very helpful and the room was clean and comfortable.it is a two minute walk from the metro and about fifteen minutes walk to the old port which is well worth a visit. It is not located in a rough area as some have said on this site. The security at the hotel is good as well.

We left a purse in the room as it happens and a delightful girl called Delilah returned it to England for us, no bother. I would stay there again and would recommend any one looking for a low cost stay to do the same.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony ask for one of the rear rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DavidRiley
There are newer reviews for Citadines Castellane Marseille

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in his appartment complex for one week due to public transport station close by which was needed to reach my actual meeting location. In that sense, the hotel/appartment complex definitely served its purpose. The metro is indeed only 5 min away by walking. Previous reviews refered to the fact that the hotel is quite far away from the train station, well, that is true, however, if you take the metro it is only 5 stops and you avoid unsafe appearing neighborhoods. The staff was friendly and helpful. One drawback was, that althought the receiptionist had a badge signalizing that she speaks english, sometimes it was rather hard to understand what she was saying. But nevertheless, I got my keys and I was happy. The appartment was quite big, toilet and bath were separated and a small kitchen was installed including fridge, stove, and microwave. However, I never used any of those except for the fridge which worked perfectly. The room was cleaned when I arrived, but not very pretty but for me it was totally ok since I spend only my nights in the appartment. And those were comfortable, I was very happy with my bed and the sheets. Another important information is that close by you can also find a supermarket in the case that you want to prepare your own breakfast/lunch/dinner.
In total, this appartment complex did exactly what I needed it to do, offer me a nice bed close to the metro station to reach my meetings. Would I come here again if there was another meeting? Yes, I would.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Naraew
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This accommodation is out of the way of everything. You need to walk quite a distance to get to any restaurants. Reception staff were ok. There was very little sound proofing between the floors and rooms. Decor dated and carpets in halls needs replacing. One tiny little lift for whole building.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Bad neighborhood, not very safe and is a very long walk from the train station to the hotel but we didn't want to take a break on the street, as it was so dodgy.
We had to sleep with the window open in the middle of winter, due to other guests smoking, that then filled our room with cigarette smoke, which you could see in the room.
Breakfast is 9.50€ per person and to use the washing machine was 9€ for one wash and one dry.
I would recommend that if you must go to marseille, choose a hotel in a good area and stay safe.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Don't be fooled! The photos are not real depictions of all the hotel rooms! Maybe some of the rooms look like the photos but the ones we saw did not! The rooms we were given smelt of smoke, had worn carpets & a 'sofa bed' instead of a proper bed, also NO a/c!
We left there straight away despite it been almost midnight!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A4JF
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The good:
- The internet is very good (I got 10mb).
- The rooms are very large,
- The staff are very gentle and helpful

The bad:
- I stayed there in the summer, the room was VERY hot, and the room didn't have air conditioning.
- The rooms is not cleaned everyday
- The rooms have a stove, so if someone in the floor is cooking, the whole floor smell it.
- For me, the location was a problem, since my company was in the harbor and I had to walk a little.

In summary:
You should go to this hotel if you are going in the winter and don't mind the lack of service cleaning everyday and the location is good for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business