1,071 results
All reviews great location vieux port view from the balcony notre dame watching the world wonderful view seventh floor hotel is excellent wonderful stay tourist train four star hotel mini bar cafes and restaurants small balcony beds were comfortable hotel room three nights
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2019

This is a delightful hotel with stunning views over the old port and Norte Dame de la Garde on the hill opposite. The interior is stylish and modern, and characteristically French in atmosphere. Rooms are clean and comfortable and come with an outdoor terrace. The best part, though, is the breakfasts. A wide range of bread, pastries, charcuterie, cheeses,and freshly squeezed juices. Simply delicious!,

Date of stay: June 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arnaud_Payet, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence du Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Africaboy,

Thank you for your kind and enthusiast review about our house, the Hôtel La Résidence du Vieux Port.

I’m glad to read that your stay with us give you full satisfaction, especially the location and the decoration “arti-chic” of the hôtel.

As you mentioned, our breakfast offer an important choice of quality products, sweet or salty, cold or hot and a lot of coffees types.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you soon, for your next stay in Marseille and don’t forget that our best offers are on our website.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

The location was also excellent - right on the harbor, with an excellent selection of restaurants in easy walking distance.Staff was always friendly and helpful and the AM breakfast buffet was a great way to start the day!

Dear Steve B,

First of all, I thank you for having take the time to comment your recent stay in our private house, the Hôtel La Résidence du Vieux Port. The complete satisfaction of our guest is our main priority and our teams are always here to help you.

I’m sad to read that the size of the room didn’t reach your expectations, there are, at least, 22m² big, but my front office team will be glad to propose you some alternative for a bigger kind of room.

Otherwise, I’m happy to read that our breakfast gives you full satisfaction and perhaps for your next trip in Marseille you could have the opportunity to try our Restaurant Le Relais 50.

Please feel free to contact us directly to have the best rate possible.

Reviewed May 30, 2019

This place was absolutely amazing. We stayed in the port view suite and it was SO spacious. The staff was so kind and accommodating! The port area is definitely the best place to stay. I cannot recommend this hotel enough!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sarah H,

First of all, I thank for your kind and enthusiastic review following your recent stay in our house the Hôtel La Résidence du Vieux Port.

I’m happy to read that your stay with us reached your expectations, regarding the room, our staff and especially the location of our house. As you mention, we are located in the heart of Marseille, directly on the Old Harbor what offer you an impressive view of the “Bonne Mère” (the Basilica Notre Dame de La Garde) that you can enjoy until late at night the balcony of your room.

I hope you will have the opportunity to visit us in the future and don’t forget that our best offers are on our website.

Reviewed May 20, 2019

I must say the location of the hotel is really good with our room overlooking the harbour. The staff were particularly attentive. However, a few things spoilt the vacation. Our hotel room was on the tied side and a bit drab. The carpet had a worn patch inside the door. Only one bottle of water was provided as complementary with the replacment prices in the mini bar unrealastic.
Particulary unpleasant was the amount of mosqueto bites we endoured every night,with our window shut (we would have loved to have it open) It was only May and not even into the hot season. We asked for the room to be sprayed which we were promised would happen but if it did, it had no effect.
Food in the hotel was really expensive and we ate out for breakfast & evening meal every day.
All in all my 'average' rating was pushing it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Arnaud_Payet, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence du Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Dear Mister Guise,

First of all, I thank you for having take the time to comment your recent stay at the Hôtel La Résidence du Vieux Port and I insure you that I read it carefully.

Marseille, as every city all around the world have to deal with mosquitos sometimes! Our hotel provides special sockets against them and following your request, we put one in the room (near the bed).

Our breakfast is a full American buffet, with cold and hot food, sweet and salty and a lot of different fresh and seasonal products.
As our gastronomic Restaurant Le Relais 50 which propose a really tasty and elaborate cuisine base on seasonal and local products of quality.

Our private house have be renew recently and we still work the improvement on some part. The satisfaction and comfort of our guest is our main priority and we always considerate your reviews.

I hope you will let us a second chance to reach your expectations about your stay for your next journey in Marseille.

Reviewed May 13, 2019

I can't speak too highly of this hotel. I could not be better situated right at the heart of the Vieux Port. I booked it the night before my stay and had expected to be given the most basic room but I think I must have got of of the 3 best rooms in the hotel. I had a nice big balcony with an incredible view of the whole port and most amazingly the Basilica of Notre Dame de la Garde.

The room was bright and spacious with a large bathroom and bathtub (always a plus for me) but what made it for me were the staff on reception. They were very friendly and talkative and generally very welcoming. I was only there one night but very keen to return for a longer stay and would not think for one minute of staying anywhere else.

Room tip: One of the 3 rooms on the first floor with the bigger balconies
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Arnaud_Payet, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence du Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2019

Dear acwf2973,

I thank you for your really kind and enthusiast comment about your recent stay in our Hôtel La Résidence du Vieux Port. It’s always for us a pleasure to welcome and taking care of our guests during their time with us and it warm our heart to read their satisfaction in their review.

All our rooms offer an impressive view of the Bonne Mère and the Vieux Port, but if we have the possibility, we love to please our host host by offering them to try a higher kind of room and I’m happy that you appreciated it..
Be sure that your review will be share in our teams and especially the reception that you put forward, we are a family hotel and we want you to feel “like home” when you visit us, even for one night.

I hope we will welcome you really soon for your next journey in Marseille and perhaps enjoy our Restaurant Le Relais 50.

Our best offer prices are on our website.