Hotel La Residence du Vieux Port
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Europe Hotel(Marseille)
View Hotel
All reviewsclub roomgreat locationvieux portview from the balconyfort st jeannotre damehigh floorwonderful viewwell located hotelreasonable sizegreat roombreakfast roomperfect hotelliving roomstayed here for nightsmetro stationciel
Reviewed February 14, 2014

As l was only staying in Marseilles for the night l decided to treat myself and forked out a bit more than usual for this hotel. I was given a room on the top floor and l felt l was staying in a penthouse. The colour sceme was a little eclectic for my taste (a bit too much bright yellow for me) but my room was huge, my bed was huge, my bath was huge, even my Sony TV was huge (it must have been a 50 inche screen at least). I also had a private balcony with the perfect view of the port below and Notre Dame de la Garde. It was a shame l wasn't staying there for a few more nights to enjoy it all.
The breakfast buffet was fine but nothing amazing, just the usual continental choices, although there was a hot chocolate maker which was novel.
Clean and cheerful, perfect location, perfect view.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 1975Londoner
hrvpm, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence du Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at La Résidence du Vieux Port.
I was so pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the size of your room, bed, bathroom, and TV , ( If i have to remember a word , it will be "Huge" ) .
I am happy that you found our location so convenient and hope we will be at the forefront of your mind when planning your next trip to Marseilles
My best wishes

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We spent two nights in this hotel last october. Nice service. Incredible area in Marseille. Very close to main restaurants and just few steps to bus tour around the city. If you are going for tourism do not hesitate stay here. The room is confortable, clean and has a modern decoration. Excelent bathroom and very good breakfast with lot of preserves, croissant, cereals, fruits, cheeses... I would definetely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in the same level of breakfast room! Ask for up level!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HADT
hrvpm, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence du Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
I was really happy that overall you enjoyed your stay at La Résidence.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the location, the breakfast and service you received during your stay.
Please do come and stay with us again soon .
Many thanks,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Spent two nights in this hotel overlooking the vieux port. I had booked the "suite ciel", a suite on the top floor with a balcony. The view of the Vieux Port, and Notre Dame de la Garde cathedral is absolutely wonderful. The room itself perhaps did not meet the level of comfort I expected for the price. Overall, I would certainly recommend the hotel, and the restaurant as well, and would go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ulysses186338
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Nice clean hotel, near all of the best things to do in town; shopping, sightseeing, boat trips etc. rooms very small but had amazing shower/bathroom and English TV. Staff very helpful. Great for the price and would def recommend for couples.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Theoriginaldixy
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with two teenaged granddaughters and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Their reaction when entering our room was, "AWESOME!" The view was absolutely amazing...especially at night! The girls stayed in the main room and I had a separate bedroom with a twin bed. I highly recommend this hotel when traveling to Marceille.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MKLCentralTexas
hrvpm, Directeur général at Hotel La Residence du Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear MKL,
First of all , all the team wishes you an Happy new year

Thank you for leaving such lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at La Résidence du Vieux Port . I was so glad to read that you and your granddaughters enjoyed the room and the stay in our hotel and that we ensured you had a great time with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
My kindest regards,