“What a photographer's gem”
Review of Old Port

$23.97*
Historical Center Walking Tour of Marseille
Ranked #4 of 259 things to do in Marseille
More attraction details
Owner description: Marseille's old port, once a great commercial center for boats arriving from Africa, has recently experienced a dramatic revitalization as a destination for cruise ships.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

It's delightful to walk all the way round the old port which is jam packed with boats, I've never seen anything like it. Then there are the restaurants cheek by jowl across the road and the people....

Write a ReviewReviews (6,603)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Good view of the Port . The SHED roof top sheet inside is polished like MIRROR which reflects totally . A strange experience ,if you see up you can see the reflections in total that everybody ,the passer by are clinging to the roof upside down. Really A Strange experience.
The port is housed with a lot of Boats, Mini Ships etc., The buses terminus is near by and almost all busses have terminals there. A lot of hotels ,Restraunts of all international cousine are available in very close visinity.
We can have a boat ,ferry drive from here for a scheduled trip to and back and can have a pleasant ride.

1  Thank kumaresanams
Reviewed August 19, 2013

After hearing about Marseille my partner and I decided to stop here for a few days. If you are a young man looking for a holiday with friends it might be good. Being a 21 year old girl with platinum blonde hair, I stood out like a sore thumb. Everyone stared at me, especially the middle eastern men. I was scared walking the streets during the day even in crowds. I had little kids try and pick pocket me within 10 minutes. We were going to go out and see the night life as it was just after my birthday we stopped here, it was the kind of place that if I went out I would of disappeared and just never come home! Not safe for young women.

5  Thank Jezz92
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The port with thousands of yachts and ships is breathtaking. Have a walk and a sit with wine in the evening and admire the splendide of the moment:)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Marseille was our first destination of Euro-trip on first week on June. Walking around the port you can see boats from 20th century and also newest boats. There is some boat tour which cost 20 euros, unfortunately we was too late to enjoy tour. As we arrive mid week there was just some private parties on boats, citizens saying that in Fridays there is amazing, you can attend parties starting from 10 - 500 euros. Old port is excellent place for short walk.