“Delicious mediterranean food in a modern setting”
Review of La Table du Fort

La Table du Fort
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
La Table du Fort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,129 Restaurants in Marseille
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Saint-Victor
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious mediterranean food in a modern setting”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We reserved in advance via the internet. Once inside the staff was attentive and pleasant. We took the Menu Plaisir, which was a delight on the palate. Hope to return there anytime soon.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
California
“Enjoyable and delicious meal”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The food was savory and memorable. I had the squash blossoms with one prawn (19 euros) and the risotto with langustines entree (24 euro). I would order these again. My husband had the rabbit appetizer, lamb duo entree and the chocolate banana split (menu 35 euros). Enjoyed the food but the service was alittle off for the level of food. Perhaps it was a language issue because our server had to constantly ask the other server to assist us. I thought it was odd that they didn't clean off the bread crumbs from our table before dessert (maybe this is not the custom in France). We spent about 130 euros including wine for the dinner. We have one open night in Marseille and are considering going back.

Frankfurt, Germany
“Delicious food for not hungry people”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I will try to keep it short. Pluses:
+ Food was really good. I've eaten better, but I believe it is a matter of taste
Minuses:
- The staff DID NOT understand us almost AT ALL and was not that friendly and helpful. I felt awful, I was barely able to communicate
- If you are ready to spend around 130€ (with a wine) for a menu for 2 people and leave hungry do it. I do not eat a lot but the portions and aperitif served in a vodka-glass was very disappointing
-The atmosphere of the place-terrible. I felt there not comfortable the interior hmm...cheap and cold. It tries to be posh and classy, but the effect is hard to achieve by placing IKEA lamps and waitresses looking like from student pub.

To sum all up: I definitely won't go there again. The place does not attract, food is delicious but it is not enough. Prices relatively high. If you are curious - do it, but i believe you can find a better place to eat in Marseille.

1 Thank OlaPerpetua
London, United Kingdom
“Bon appétit”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lovely food, wonderfully presented. Contemporary and interesting decor. I'd go there again and recommend this place to anyone visiting Marseille and looking for a top notch meal. The selection of wine was great, and there's something for (virtually) everyone on the menu.

• Visited May 2013
Cambridge, UK
“Top table for food and service!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

What luck to find this lovely restaurant just down the street from our B and B near the Vieux Port. We arrived 10 minutes before opening without a booking but were welcomed to take a seat and have a drink while perusing the menu. We chose the 35EuroMenu - a small but interesting choice which was beautifully cooked and presented. My husband is not a foodie but everything looked so tempting, he ate things he had never tried before and pronounced it all delicious. The restaurant filled up quickly, mostly couples, but the service remained excellent throughout, friendly and efficient with knowledgeable and helpful staff.