“What a Fabulous Day!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Provence Wine Tours

Provence Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 15 Food & Drink in Marseille
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily winery tours of Provence- Educational and entertaining wine tasting. Our Tour includes:Wine tasting- Wineries visit- Walk through the vineyards- Meet the wine makers- with professionals- comfortable A/C minibus- local driver guide- small groups up to 6 people
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“What a Fabulous Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

From start to finish, Provence Wine Tours was stellar! Our tour guide Gaetane was gracious, pleasant, and wonderfully nice. She answered my emails in a timely manner, picked our cruise group up on time and began the best day of our vacation with a pleasant conversation about her life. Gaetane is very knowledgeable about the craft of making great French wine. We sampled whites, roses, and reds from the Bandol and Bodin wineries. We toured the cellars, spoke with a few employees and learned about the grapes, the climate, and the bottling processes of making Provence wines. In between the winery tours, we were taken to the BEAUTIFUL sea-side town of Cassis where we had a delicious lunch, purchased souvenirs, and walked along the beach. We were brought back to the ship on time and Gaetane was gracious enough to pose for a few pictures with me! I highly recommend Provence Wine Tours if you are looking to a have GREAT day.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JazzAbelle01

• Polish first
Moscow City, Russia
“Great day visiting real France”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I would highly recommend this tour. My friend and I were accompanied by Marion visiting 2 , wineries in Bandol and Cassis. We saw real wine cellar; Marion gave us a tremendous amount of information about wine-making, vintage, different sorts of grape etc. You can get it at once that Marion is fond of viniculture :)
But the most importanat thing was the friendly atmosphere: we felt that we were not strangers, but welcome guests.
And the wine was perfect, we bought few bottles to celebrate in Moscow

Visited March 2013
Santa Monica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth the money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a delightful time on our wine tour through Bandol and Cassis. Our guide, Eric was passionate and charming. We learned so much about rosé wine and saw some amazing scenery. I would highly recommend this tour.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank dweathers
Huntington Beach
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I would highly recommend this tour. My wife and I were met by Marion, who was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. We decided to go to Bandol and Cassis which are very small towns along the coast. We visited three wineries and had time on our own for lunch. Marion gave us a tremendous amount of information about the region and of the various wines. This was truly an outstanding day.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank wstoner56
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fully recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you're visiting Marseille then this is definitely something to get booked in. I've done a little bit of wine tasting before, but definitely learnt a lot more on this excursion. Gaetane was also very friendly, amusing and interesting in addition to her wealth of wine knowledge.

My only regret was not booking far enough ahead so only going for a half day. On the plus side, the shorter trip meant a visit to the beautiful Mas de Cadenet vineyard. We spent a very enjoyable time chatting to Matthieu Negrel (a seventh generation of the family owning that vineyard). His passion for wine was infectious and thanks to both Matthieu and Gaetane I'll certainly appreciate wine in a new light going forward!

Visited July 2013