All reviews apartment hotel walking distance huge balcony old port vieux port return ticket the hotel staff monoprix supermarket les terrasses quiet street cleaning service gare st comfortable beds fourth floor small kitchen side street aparthotel
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2019

While the Area is the only + point if you want to stay near Old port. Else you should find better places. Following are some cons
1. Breakfast is pretty expensive for 12 euro. Items are inconsistently unavailable and not refilled.
2. Rooms were just basic with pretty poor and dull colors.
3. Items once gone out of order never get fixed. I faced issues with ceiling lights and microwave.
4. Rooms are not checked before handing over to me and then the things out of order remain non-functional till I left.
5. May need at least one english speaking staff.

Room tip: check rooms fully before taking posession
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Emilie G, General Manager at Adagio Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Dear Siraj,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Aparthotel Adagio Marseille Vieux-Port. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Adagio, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
I just want to add about points 4 and 5 that all our rooms are checked before check in so I will have a serious discussion with the cleaning staff and all my staff speak english so i do not undertand this point.

Reviewed December 22, 2018

Nice hotel I like it but not been recognized like golden member
Not so far from railway station and from center
Rooms small it nice
Check if reconstruction and street from left side already done, if not you will be hearing nosing from sixth o’cloc

Date of stay: June 2018
Emilie G, General Manager at Adagio Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Dear Alexey,

Thank you for your comment.
I am glad that you enjoy your stay with us.
I just have a point with our team in order to improve our members welcoming.
Hope to see you again very soon.

Yours sincerly.

Reviewed November 27, 2018

This was my first time in Marseille and this aparthotel was a great choice. It is literally walking distance from everything you will want and need during a short or long stay. Les Terrasses du Port is a short walk (less than 10 minutes), Monoprix supermarket is maybe 2 minutes away by walking, and plenty of cafes and restaurants line the street in front of the hotel. Walking distance to all tourist spots if you are into the crowds.
The room is fully equipped and clean and the hotel staff are friendly. Overall, I loved my stay.

Room tip: The higher the floor is always a better option.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Emilie G, General Manager at Adagio Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2018

Dear Raynecc

thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in Adagio Marseille Vieux port.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Best Regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2018

It looks like a rough area of town when you arrive, but two steps away and you're on a wide well-lit main street less than 10 minutes' walk to the Vieux Port. The hotel itself felt very secure and calm. We're a family of four (12-year-old and 16-year-old) and were allocated a basement apartment which was dark and cramped. We asked to move and reception obliged. Our fourth-floor apartment was much better with a huge balcony, so ask for a room on an upper floor if possible. The apartment was quite clean but could do with a good scrub (!). Linens and towels all pristine though. We found the staff really friendly and happy to help with extra towels etc. The location is actually great. Close to metro station and Bourse shopping centre and museum, possible walk from Marseille St Charles mainline and a great Monoprix just one block away. Looking at other comparable aparthotels, we'd say that this is a good pick for the city.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank jayned67
Emilie G, General Manager at Adagio Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear Jayned67

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your recent stay in Adagio Marseille Vieux port.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us.
I will share your comments with the rest of my team, and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon in Marseille.
Best Regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2018

Adagio Marseille Vieux Port in Marseilles is walking distance from the Old Port, Arron. #2, the museums and Major Cathedral. For a stay longer than a week, and less than two months, this property is perfect, in price point and location.

Off on a side street from the main arterial road, it has easy access to trams and subway (underground metro.)

The lobby is small and modest and they front desk is utilitarian. Being an aparthotel hotel, it is lacking in amenities that a typical hotel would have.

Pros: Location is very convenient, and room I was staying in was spacious, and the kitchenette well equipped. There were ample electrical outlets throughout the room (besides the bed, both sides) in the middle of the room, and by the desk. The wifi was functional and signal was good for VPN and downloads.

Cons: The WC (Water Closet/toilet) and the bathroom are separate, on the other side of the inside vestibule, and the cleaning service is once a week, and extra charges for more frequent visits. To replenish the garbage bags in tt.he kitchenette, one has to go looking for house-keeping, or call the front desk. A minor irritant.

Room tip: Rooms on the higher floor are better..
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Emilie G, General Manager at Adagio Marseille Vieux Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your recent stay in Adagio Marseillle Vieux Port.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us , I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Best Regards