“Great food, great place!”
Review of Lauracee

Lauracee
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Lauracee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 2,162 Restaurants in Marseille
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great food, great place!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Based on reviews here on Tripadvisor me and my husband wanted to go to La Table du Fort to have a nice dinner there while on our long weekend trip to Marseille. Unfortunately, at this particular day the restaurant suffered from loss of electricity and could not serve us. At first, we were very disappointed, but the very friendly waitress quickly recommended a dinner at this restaurant instead and arranged a reservation for us. We had no difficulty finding the new place, which was rather close by.

Once there, we were positively surprised by the look of the place and its ambiance. It had a great atmosphere, and honestly, we were happier with the look of this restaurant than the one at La Table du Fort. This was quite late on a Wednesday evening and the restaurant was not full, but lively. We got our food rather quickly, and it was absolutely delicious. The wine to go with it was also very good! The service was top-notch, we felt very cared for and our waiter was attentive. The menu was not available in English, however, our waiter enthusiastically walked us through it.

We wanted a special evening in a special restaurant in Marseille, and we got what we wanted.

• Visited May 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Phenomenal - One of the best restaurants in Marseille”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We spent a week in Marseille and Aix-en-Provence, and the marche menu here was one of the best meals we had during the entire time. In addition to a la carte, there was a full menu and a less expensive, smaller-in-quantity market (marche) menu, which we had. It consisted of two plats and a dessert. All three were amazing, and I understand that the menu rotates quite frequently, as a marche menu should.

What really tipped the scales for me though, is how wonderfully hospitable the waiter was. I'll admit that my ability to speak French is pretty abysmal. While I know how to say quite a few things, I'm essentially limited to simple questions and declarative statements, and my ability to understand native speakers, particularly those with a Marseille patois, is even more circumscribed. However our waiter was not only extremely patient with me, but seemed to come back from the kitchen with a little more english on each successive visit to the table. We ended up having a couple of simple, albeit highly animated conversations through out the night. On the whole, that extra bit of wonderful service really made our night.