“Outstanding venue for a celebration”
Review of L'Epuisette

L'Epuisette
Ranked #20 of 2,209 Restaurants in Marseille
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We managed to secure a last minute reservation to celebrate my 50th birthday. Our host Fredric and Sommelier Breean exemplified outstanding hospitality all evening with nice touches such as providing a presentation birthday platter, candle and free glass of Cognac. The location and wild winter sea spray view created a atmospiric evening as did the beautiful decor, crockery and flower arrangments. I loved the my lobster starter and Michele's scallop remoulade was so viberant and colourful on the plate. My Atlantic turbot and oxtail ravioli was packed with flavour and Michele's marinated pavé of seabass looked and smelt great. After a rest we shared some cheese from an amazing selection on the table. To complete our meal we enjoyed a delicious dark chocolate cake and lemon sorbet. Style and perfection does not come cheap, the total prices came to €380.20 with wine and coffee. That said the chefs have worked hard to provide an excellent menu, skillfully delivered backed up by outstanding service by the front of house staff. I would highly reccommend you book a table for that special occasion, sit back and savour the moment.

1  Thank Colin S
There are newer reviews for L'Epuisette

Reviewed January 27, 2013

There was an astonishment. We could see the dark winter sea through the 1m x 1m glas floor where just near the entrance of the restaurant.
Their Menu was not very much decorated, not too much quantity, but it was exceptionally good taste. Floor stuffs served us not too much. They made us to enjoy, to taste their master-work.
After the dinner, they arranged a taxi back to the Hotel. They were always very helpful.
It was a top restaurant in France.

1  Thank cherry-Osaka
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A fantastic restaurant with the most authentic bouillibaisse imagainable. Located right on the waters edge with stunning views of the Mediterrenean, L'epuisette is the perfect meld of location and food. The service and attention to detail were exceptional, and whilst though a tad pricey, the experience will certainly overcome any financial concerns. The winelist is only slightly smaller than the Marseille phonebook - thorough and exhaustive, with a delightful collection of Provence Rose. An experience not to be missed!

1  Thank Prometheus1957
Reviewed December 12, 2012

After checking every bouillabaisse restaurant in Marseille,I choose L'epuisette and I am so happy about it.The view was very good.Food was amazing.We been there lunch time, in fact I wanted to go at sunset but of course as a French they only serve at certain hours.I send them couple e-mails to make reservation, finally they answered and said please call our headwaiter.So I gave up but at the hotel I asked our concierge to make reservation and they called at 12.00 and the restaurant told them if we want to go ,we should be there before 1.00 pm otherwise we cant be served.Making reservation is tricky and service was very very slow.But despite these I highly recommend this restaurant since the food and view deserves it.Prices are above average but it definitely worth it.

3  Thank Witchywitchx
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Beautiful setting, even in the pouring rain. Staff were attentive and helpful without being pretentious. And the food was great. Especially enjoyed the glass floor over the lobster home, built right on the sea floor. The bouillabaisse is delicious.