“Featureless”

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Gordes
Austin, Texas, United States
“Featureless”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here the first week if December. There wasn't much to choose from in the Michelin listings that time of year. Price was appealing: 100 euros the first night, 50 the second. But the price matched the room quality - unadorned and featureless. Plain bed. Cheap tile floor. No chairs, one stool. View of a wall with a light outside that kept room from getting dark. Simple shower stall with no tub. Indifferent staff. No place to walk to in this village. Breakfast was good, although only one kind of cheese.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lafayette, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have been to Gordes many times. We thought we would try this Inn as we had eaten at their restaurant and liked it very much. We booked for 4 nights. Well, the young woman who checked us in was so apathetic that we immediately felt we were bothering her. We asked about restaurants and she could only suggest next door. So, we decided to stay only two nights. When we checked out, she was as rude as when we checked in. Honestly, we had planned on 4 nights but her attitude drove us away. We found an absolute gem an hour South with a lovely restaurant so she did us a favor. Never again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Carolyn S
Apach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Warm welcome, decent room with a very nice shadey terrace, but the pool and the gardens and the restaurant next door made this hotel the best of our entire trip. The gardens were so pretty and relaxing, the pool heated to a very welcoming 26 degrees and very well placed to visit the beautiful town of Gordes. We will definately be coming back, only thing that spoiled our visit was a group of loud and opiniated Parisians who unfortunately followed on from the pool to the restaurant and then ruined the peace and quiet of breakfast by the pool but this was not at all the fault of the hotel!!!

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the garden terrace rooms, very nice to sit in the shade and good access to the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie P
Amberg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

We travelled with our four year old son and managed to book a room just a couple of weeks before our stay there. We were moved from one of the ground floor rooms up to one of the rooms with a little balcony and back because those were the only rooms left, but it didn't bother us at all since we explored Provence throughout the day and the staff moved our luggage while we were out and about. The hotel is a little outside of Gordes, so you'll need a car, but I am assuming that most people choosing this wonderful little place will travel by car anyhow. Plenty of parking is available in the front of the hotel. The rooms were clean, and I especially liked the room on the groundfloor which had a little terrace leading into the garden. The pool was wonderful and the garden is gorgeous. The only complaint I have about the hotel is that I thought it was just a little too pricey. However, I am aware that we travelled in peak season and I was glad that we found a gem like this. Again, the location is perfect, we stayed for four nights and saw Avignon, Sault, Gordes, Pont du Gard, went to Camargue, and the Canyon du Verdon. At the beginning of August, the lavender fields had mostly been harvested, but there was a wonderful scent of lavender still lingering in the air. The hotel and the location made our stay great, I'd go back there in a hearbeat, maybe earlier in the year though...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SR1805
romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

Wonderfull place. Should they improve the breakfast, it would raise to perfection. Excelent services, quiet and select location, brilliant for relaxation.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed in Les Mas de la Senancole at the end of july. We found the hotel friendly, charming and relaxing. The location was great for visiting the surrounding area. The adjacent restaurant L'Estellan is well worth a visit. We highly recommend it.

Robert & Helen Close
Banchory
Strachan
Aberdeenshire
Scotland

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Espoo, Finland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed here for one night and I more or less agree with the other reviews. However I would like to add that the service is really not that good. Even unpleasant and unreliable at times.
The restaurant next door is nice and probably fantastic for somebody not so familiar with French cuisine however if you have travelled around, it is nothing special. Service not to be trusted.
The rooms upstairs are overpriced and note that at least the one we had, had just a small tiny window so you can't enjoy the nice scenery at all, feels like being in a decorated hospital room.
Finally and the most emazing is that you have to pay 2eur by person if you want to use the pool. And this is not clearly indicated anywhere so you just have to pay your bill next morning. It only says that it costs 2eur to have a pool towel from reception desk. We had to pay eventhough we didn't use any towel at all! Very rude. We were told by the hotel manager that she doesn't want to have customers like us in the hotel. So judge yourselves. This is very uncommon in France and most guests are foreign so do be aware.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikki07
Mas84, Manager at Mas de la Senancole, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
I remind you very well Mister, the problem I had with you happened 3 weeks ago. Firstly I just wonder why you write in English and why you say that you are from Finland because this problem happened with a French customer?! I can confirm I told you that I do not wish to welcome customer of a bad faith and I can explain why, people who read comments have to know the truth.
The most amazing in your message is the lie concerning the swimming pool: people do not have to pay 2 euros to use it, people who do not have their own towel can rent a towel at 2 euros per person for all the stay, here is the difference. It is clearly specified on reservation confirmation, on our website and in rooms ( on the guide book and behind the door with rates ). When my receptionist saw you with bathroom towels from the room she came to see you near the swimming pool and she told you that it was forbidden to use those towels from the room and you had the possibility to rent our towels, but you completely ignored it because you continued to use bathroom towels anyway. That is the reason why you paid 4 euros for towels on departure; if you disagree with our rules ( You knew it before your arrival because it was clearly written on your reservation confirmation sent by e-mail that I showed you ) you should have chosen another hotel. This is not our fault if you forgot your own towels!
This is the first time that I have a such problem with a customer and believe me: this is the first time I have to tell I do not wish to have customer like that in my hotel but I cannot accept people of bad faith. When we make mistakes and faults we recognize it and try to do better for next time but this is unacceptable to tell false comments on Internet .
We have lost of foreigners in our hotel and they appreciate welcome and service.
However I can completely accept the fact that you did not like room decoration, people do not have the same tastes ( all our rooms have the same services). For the price your reservation was a "Bon Cadeau" and I can tell you that the price of this package is a low price for this season.
People will judge by themselves on different websites with lots of good comments.