Mercure Villeneuve Loubet Plage
Average 3/5
Tierce Beach Hotel(Cagnes-sur-Mer)
Le Chantilly(Cagnes-sur-Mer)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsoverlooking the seanice bedarrived late in the eveninga great place to stayreception areabig supermarketsyracusemarinabeachbalconycanneseuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I work for a travel company with a Head office near Nice and needed somewhere close by but there was limited availability, The hotel is quiet with access to stony beach. Breakfast expensive at 14 Euros so walk down the road to the port and pay 5 Euro. The room was spotlessly clean and well furnished with free wifi. Receptionists were friendly in the main. Personally I wouldn't stay in Villeneuve-lloubet again as there is very little to do and its quite expensive to eat out but as a base its ok 20 mins to Nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DicksterBrighton
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Wanted to get away on the Jubilee Weekend and to somewhere where I might find a little bit of sun and close to the beach.

This hotel is just 10 minutes by bus from Nice airport. virtually on the beach, close to the marina and great restaurants. I didn't book bed and breakfast and only had breakfast one morning at 10 euros and definitely not worth it. The breakfast room was very small with not a great selection. My room had a balcony overlooking the sea and was so nice to wake up to in the morning. The room service and cleanliness was good and the room had everything I needed.

There are nice small restaurants on the beach with a great selection on the menu. These are open all day but not in the evenings

All in all I would go back as it is in a great location and as I had visited Nice on a number of occasions, Vileneuve Loubet is a lovely little place to visit.

The train station is a 10 minute walk away as is the bus stop into Nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AnnTune
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We looked at best Western sign, otherwise we wouldn't have ever get into this building, while from outside is very unfriendly, especially for a hotel.Although the site where the hotel is very good, just next to the see. The furniture in the room is very good quality, but then that was all.
The whole hotel night it was a nightmare. Walls are like cigarette paper thin, we couldn't sleep at all.The street noise was like next to our bed.
Our worse surprise was morning the same unfriendly arrogant girl, and then the woman who showed up finally behind the breakfast room. They were trying to sell us breakfast for 12 euro, and there was nothing, but a soluble coffee maschine, and some jogurt and bread rolls.
To my question what is there to eat, i got an arrogant answer just like one day before at the reception, and french ironical remarks about us to her collegue in the kitchen.
We came out from this hotel tired, upset and unfair treated. I think except the logo, there is nothing to do with best western.
If you still choose this hotel, dont tell them that you are from Germany, they dont like them and get a see view, because otherwise will be worse, and make sure there are few guest so you have quiet.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank sunrise1307
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stopped here for a night on the way from Italy to France...The hotel was a typical "beach hotel"--blonde, minimalist,spartan, durable furnishings...the balcony with an ocean view was good if you're into views (I am), but the beach is not an American-type tourist beach--very stony, no sand...(there are many sandy beaches in France)..the hotel was quiet at this time of year, but I can imagine that in July and August you would have a hard time finding a stone to call your own. The hotel is located next to the "promenade", a long walk paralleling the ocean. An advantage after driving all day long was that you could walk to the boat basin nearby to eat an overpriced mediocre dinner--I had wanted seafood,(after all, the town is on the ocean!) but the restaurants in the basin only served pizza, crepes, and Thai food...my suggestion is: stay for a night on the way to someplace else if you need to, but this is not a great place to spend more than that!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy171717
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have just returned from a weekend at the Syracuse. The location is excellent and staff at the hotel were very helpful. We stayed in a bungalow which had a nice terrace overlooking the sea but was in need of updating. We did not opt to have full use of the kitchen so didn't even have the expected tea and coffee making facilities . There was a microwave and fridge only . We bought mugs from the Casino supermarket which is only 200 meters away and managed to heat the water in them for hot drinks. The storage in the room was dreadful. A very small wardrobe which was filled with spare bedding , no drawers or dressing table. My husband used the kitchen cupboards for his clothes and I had to leave mine in the suitcase. There was nowhere in the bathroom for toiletries and as it was a wetroom, everything got wet whilst showering. The safe for valuables was just rested, not secured , on a shelf above the wardrobe. Needless to say we didn't use it as it would have been easily removed from the room in the event of a break in. The garden area was also in need of attention. We stayed in room41 and the hedges were dead between us and the adjoins bungalow. There was also damage the tiles on the patio and the whole area needed general tidying , there was obviously some work going on as the contents of bungalow 39 were outside in its garden, not an attractive sight! We had dreadful weather while we were there and this meant that the TV was not working because of a bad signal, the WiFi does not work in the bungalows which was disappointing.

On the plus side the room was always very clean , and it's a great location. Maybe somewhere for an overnight stop rather than a long stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple