La Regence
Welcome Hotel(Villefranche-sur-Mer)
  • Beachfront
Hotel La FLore(Villefranche-sur-Mer)
View Hotel
Hotel de la Darse(Villefranche-sur-Mer)
  • Beachfront
Hotel le Versailles(Villefranche-sur-Mer)
  • Pool
Hotel La Fiancee du Pirate(Villefranche-sur-Mer)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe busold townmain thoroughfarecharming familylocal barnoise from the streethandy locationfamily runsmall roomfirst floorcroissantsbeach towelschezthierrymonacovillefranchemerci
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The owners of the hotel also run it, and they are very friendly and patient if you are learning French. It is excellent for a stay before and/or after a session at the Institut de Français.
Also, there is a cafe/bar on the first floor that locals and students frequent and is a great place to meet up. The continental breakfast was reasonable priced and included coffee, fresh orange juice and a croissant or baguette with butter and jam. I had a lovely room on the top floor and Thierry helped me with my luggage so the lack of an elevator was no issue. Everything was clean and comfortable. However, I was able to hear noise from the cars on the busy street at nigh so bring ear plugs. Villefranche is a lovely and busy little town! The hotel is just minutes from the beach and the Vieille Ville.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathleenmpjm
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed in room 7 and it looked newly refurbished with clean paint smell, clean wooden floors, crisp new curtains and bed linens and a beautiful new bathroom. There isn't an elevator so be prepared to lug your suitcase up two small flights (I was alone and my luggage heavy, so that was tough). La Regence is in a perfectly convenient spot and I would definitely return. The price is reasonable. I've only met Betty, who is very friendly. I feel I made an excellent decision to stay here.
I came by train and there were no taxis waiting, so decided to walk.....A lot of uphill walking. Luckily, a nice young man took pity on me and gave me a ride to the hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2012

La Regence was terrific. Simple, but clean accommodation, centrally located right across from the Central Park and tourism office. Great value! Madame Betty and her staff were very nice and helpful. The downstairs bar reminds me scenes from Amelie as its clearly a local gathering place with a comfortable atmosphere. Really enjoyed our stay in Villefranche-sur-Mer.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trotamundo14
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and i recently stayed at La Regence for 4 days. This is an awesome location. The owners are wonderful and very helpful. Be prepared to use your best french... Thierry speaks pretty good english, but Betty does not and you will need to communicate with her if Thierry is gone. That being said both of them were very charming and helpful. The rooms are just basic rooms, no frills but very clean. The price is very good for the location. Our only negative was the road noise that seemed amplified in our room with our window open (however there was a yacht show in Nice and Monaco during our stay which i believe was the reason for so much traffic noise). Excellent public parking close by, the beach is wonderful and close by, the quai is full of romantic little cafe's and beautiful views. A fantastic location and i was so happy to discover it sitting right between such two extremely popular cote d'azur locations. Having a car is great if you have the nerve for the roads. If you do, we highly recommend a trip to Eze as well as a trip to St Agnes. Eze is quite popular and touristy but definitely worth visiting, St Agnes is further up in the mountains but the ruined chateau is really worth the drive to see. St Agnes is also just a beautiful village with unbelievable views of the sea on one side and the foothills of the Alps on the other. Hotel La Regence was in a great location, had great service and was a wonderful price... what else could you want...

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 'alley side' (right side when you are looking straight at the hotel... it may be a bit quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maureenCalifornia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at Chez Betty in late July 2012 and had a fantastic time. There is a small bar on the ground level that is great for a quick breakfast or a beer later in the evening. Rooms were charming and clean. Everyone is friendly. Location is perfect. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends